Thread: Smallest Power Chair With Tilt

Smallest Power Chair With Tilt

Since i'm having these nerve issues in my elbow i believe i'm gonna get me a power chair for most of my skooting around the house and up and down ramps to get outside. I still have my trusty aero-z (http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...y-Aero-Z-Today) that looks and rides almost like new. I'll still be using it for getting outta bed, shower, toilet and exercise. But this elbow is really starting to ache and there's no way i can wear a brace or try an keep it straight pushing a manual all day.

Medicare and Medicaid will be paying so i know my options will be limited. I live in a small adapted apt. so i need the most compact, tight turning chair with tilt there is. If there is one lol. I'm small, 16 wide...maybe could go 15 in a power.

Any ideas/thoughts would be deeply appreciated.

Have you thought of a ZX1 power add-on? It has the very same "footprint" as one's wheelchair. It fits onto a rigid frame wheelchair.
    This is my third year using one and I love it. I don't usually need it indoors, unless shoulder pain flares up - use it whenever I go outdoors.
    There are videos on youtube, and I believe the Spinergy web site.
    Sportaid - located in Georgia, is a dealer and maybe you could arrange a trial through them.
    Note: This is not a 'power wheelchair' - if you need tilt function, this would not work for you.

Oh yeah, triumph. I'm familiar with the ZX1. That would be tight. Dunno if my insurance will cover that though. Not sure i could come up with the finances either.

You got my curiosity up though. I'm fixing to Google/youtube into it right now, lol.

Not that big & very durable. Power or Electric Wheelchair Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Flatiron View Post
    I really like that Quantum Rival. But will Medicare/Medicaid even look at it?
    http://www.quantumrehab.com/powerbas...ntum-rival.asp
    Last edited by rollin64; 08-13-2015 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rollin64 View Post
    I really like that Quantum Rival. But will Medicare/Medicaid even look at it?
    http://www.quantumrehab.com/powerbas...ntum-rival.asp
    If a tilt, power chair can be justified, it should get approved.

Get with a certified dealer & go through all the right steps in your state.