Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My social/recreation life has turned into prostitution.

My social/recreation life has turned into prostitution.

Members of my family rarely go anywhere with me. When they do, they expect me to pay for everything, unless it's a free concert or something like that.

I met a 47-year-old woman (which is robbing the cradle for me) Aug. 7 at an outdoor concert through a mutual friend (Rochelle pseudonym). I'll call the woman Ipanema because she's from Brazil.

Two days later, I called her. During the conversation, Ipa asked if I would like some company on one of my excursions. I answered affirmatively of course. The next day I asked if she could meet me at a park near a train station because she doesn't own a car. In a roundabout way she said no.

I told Rochelle "I guess I will never see Ipanema again." Rochelle responded, offer her $12 to $15 per hour and maybe she will go out with you.

So is that what it has come down to, folks? No one, except for a few old friends and longtime neighbors, will go near me unless they're getting paid?

I read the title a few times. looked at your name a few times.
    It took a few seconds, but I got it before I read your post. someone wants to lighten your wallet for you.

I'll call her empanada, because she's a meat pie. no, it hasn't come down to that unless you choose to continue on. well unless you (want) a hooker.
    I only had friends who didn't have a car. It's not too hard to tell which friends need you for your ride.

That's a good price for a hooker. Lot cheaper than a wife or girl friend. Just get up front what she does for the money From my experience Brazilians and a few other foreigners will pay you to get married and get a green card. Just get a pre-nup.

it's one thing to pay for things when you invite someone along somewhere, but shit don't go paying folks by the hour just to hang out with you that sucks. ha, baldfatdad is right about some of that though.

That really sucks. You're such a good poster so I imagine you're funny and fun in real life! By the way - it's fair game after a woman turns 40. Ages don't count after that.

Eff em. My best friend won a settlement that is tax-free and I worked my arse off and paid taxes on top ... but her life is so much harder not just physically. She bought her sister's house, her neice's house, paid for their weddings and the nephew's and on and on. Vehicles and schooling on top of it all. If she wasn't there - I don't know what some of them would do!

It's difficult for normal people to meet others but add the physical challenges and stereotypes and it becomes damn near impossible.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

There is more to the story, folks. Last night, Ipanema invited me to a concert in her town, in lieu of the one in my town. So I went. Ipa didn't even ask me to pay for her beer let alone pay her by the hour. The mercenary bit might be her friend Rochelle's idea. Effective communication is a challenge to this group and messages could get misconstrued.

Rochelle and her friend Salvatore are deaf and and read lips pretty well. They also have cochlear implants.

Ipa, whose first language is Portuguese, is trying to learn sign language so she can talk more effectively with Salvatore and Rochelle and their other deaf friends.

i'm trying to learn to recognize sign language but most likely can't speak it because of my quad hands.

The little Spanish that I know sometimes falls flat on ipanema because Portuguese is different.

The bottom line is: get all the facts before jumping to conclusions and life can throw curve balls at you in ways you never imagined. I'm not making any of this up, it's all true.

well though your title might have set things in a negative light. And you did say prostitution, what kind of conclusion should we have. at least meat pies have redeeming qualities in general. Iv been hungry for empanada's for two days damn.

Wow, it could have been a major insult to offer to pay for her time.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

You could be right, Nonoise. Rochelle's thoughts and the way she presents then might come out differently than other people's because of her hearing.impairment. As if male/female relations weren't difficult enough ( Men are from Mars, women are from Venus) American sign language and a foreign-language really make it interesting.

So she's interesting and something you may pursue!?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12