Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What kind of water do you drink?

I recently switched from bottled water and bought a PUR faucet filter... I love it
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

We use to have a filter on our faucet. It saved a lot of money. and was not too terribly expensive. We went for one that had the most filtration. They have varying kinds. We are looking into getting another one. It finally broke and then we moved. We have well water not city water. Has a lot of minerals and is tasty. There is one filter on the water system already for the red clay dirt. but not all of it is filtered out.

I do not drink bottled water except when traveling.
    Non-traumatic SCI. Art, Poetry, and the Great Outdoors; these are my passions. My motto: Paint much love, always ~ Connie

i had great well water but then moved here its horrided so i add lemon to my water tastey

Bottled water is the best bet for quality and purity in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by pearlstreet View Post
    Bottled water is the best bet for quality and purity in my opinion
    yeah but you drink plastic too

Quote Originally Posted by ekephart View Post
    We drink well water that has been tripple filtered. We use a water softener to remove the iron, a reverse osmosis unit to remove the salt and a pitcher filter (Brita or Zero Water) to remove any remaining minerals. I used the r/o method even when we had city water because if I wanted to drink chlorine, I have bleach in the laundry room. Our water tastes like nothing (as water should). Buying bottled water is just too expensive and most is filtered tap water anyway.--eak
    There are 5 stages to a reverse osmosis system: 1) sediment, 2) first carbon block, 3) second carbon block , 4) membrane, and 5) fine carbon.

The 5th stage is the same type of filter as your Brita pitcher filter. You don't need two of the same filter.

Reverse osmosis is pure water at the lowest cost and best for the environment. You can add a mineral stage to a reverse osmosis filter to get your FIJI-like taste at a fraction of the cost without polluting landfills with plastic bottles. You just have to maintain the filter replacement schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    Reverse osmosis is pure water at the lowest cost and best for the environment. You can add a mineral stage to a reverse osmosis filter to get your FIJI-like taste at a fraction of the cost without polluting landfills with plastic bottles. You just have to maintain the filter replacement schedule.
    This is interesting, when I move I'm going to get something like that

I drink normal mineral water instead of bottled water

Drink NYS reservoir water; the best.