Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What kind of water do you drink?

What kind of water do you drink?

I have been drinking water for the past four years, before that I used to drink a lot of soda.
    Now I drink ice Mountain, in a sports bottle.
    I have done some research and bottled water (plastic) is not really good for you.
    Some waters are more acidic than others, what do you drink?
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Ice Mountain, Ozarka, Pure Life, Pelligrino, Perrier and Poland Spring are all owned by Nestle. There's probably not a whole lot of difference.

I'm not convinced that the higher priced "alkaline water" is worth it.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-li...r/faq-20058029

Personally, I drink Fiji, and lots of it. I like the taste.

filtered tap.
    one of those thingy's that attaches to the faucet, and you spend a fortune on replacement filters.
    I think drinking filtered water cuts down on uti for some reason.
    we don't have trash service, so buying water and hauling recycling is out for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    filtered tap.
    one of those thingy's that attaches to the faucet, and you spend a fortune on replacement filters.
    I think drinking filtered water cuts down on uti for some reason.
    we don't have trash service, so buying water and hauling recycling is out for me.
    oh I know hah

Quote Originally Posted by xsfxsf View Post
    Personally, I drink Fiji, and lots of it. I like the taste.
    isn't fiji expensive,

I agree alkaline water isn't worth it

In my lifetime I have drunk water from many sources, mostly from the public water supply. But in the navy I drank the water, I myself had a hand in distilling, it was drawn from the ocean, and distilled at a very low temperature in a partial vacuum. It had an excellent taste, devoid of minerals.

I had a farm for a time and we got our water from a spring, delivered to my home by gravity. My family was raised on it and we were all incredibly healthy, it also had good taste.

Some of the municipaly delivered water (from the water mains) was excellent and some had undesirable tastes, but since I also was the Certified legal purveyor of water and legally respnsible for it, I did my very best to assure it was healthy to drink; according to EPA, State and municipal law.

Ground water which is what I supplied, has a variety of natural chemicals and minerals as well. One mineral is Iron and it has a bit of a bitter taste, but not unhealthy, and due to the fact it is delivered through water mains, chlorine must be added to inhibit bacterial growth, in the mains itself. Municipal water supplies must be randomly tested for chlorine content daily, and a minimum of twice a month it is tested for bacteria as well as any additional mineral contaminants that are found in the locality of the municipality.

In my opinion the small fawcet filters simply concentrate the contaminants for the water to flow to you through.

Just can't beat good ole well water where I'm from anyway.

We drink well water that has been tripple filtered. We use a water softener to remove the iron, a reverse osmosis unit to remove the salt and a pitcher filter (Brita or Zero Water) to remove any remaining minerals. I used the r/o method even when we had city water because if I wanted to drink chlorine, I have bleach in the laundry room. Our water tastes like nothing (as water should). Buying bottled water is just too expensive and most is filtered tap water anyway.--eak
    Elizabeth A. Kephart, PHR
    mom/caregiver to Ryan-age 21
    Incomplete C-2 with TBI since 3/09

I used to drink beer bu now I just drink water. I think it can help me my recovery progress. IS IT RIGHT?