Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: What kind of water do you drink?

I'm trying to living a healthy life and because of that I take adequate amount of mineral water daily and avoid alcohol and soft drinks.

vitamin water or mineral water

I have a filter on my faucet, then I filter that in Brita pitcher.

Straight from the tap.

Hashtag nofilter
    complete t6. injured skiing nov 2017.

Earlier I had posted about having problems with drinking too much reverse osmosis water. I want to clear that up. RO water is great. Drink plenty!

There was a problem with the filters. It appeared that there were 4 filters when there were actually 5. One was hidden out of sight. This hidden filter was not changed for a couple years. The filter being unchanged was the last one in line. Chlorine was removed by the other filters before it reached the last filter. Hence, there was nothing to kill the bacteria in the last filter.

Don't be alarmed. Going a few months past the expiration date of the filter shouldn't be a problem. This filter hadn't been changed for a couple years. That explains why drinking more water was making me feel worse, increasing UTIs, and muscle spasms.

Keep those filters fresh and drink plenty of water!

Thanks for the update, that's an interesting story.

The best water I ever had was at a Whole Foods many years back. It wasn't just reverse osmosis, it used a lot of different types of filtration. This machine was the size of a refrigerator though, not really for home use.

For me I like to drink a lot of water but too much is a bit of a hassle because all the cathing.

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    Earlier I had posted about having problems with drinking too much reverse osmosis water. I want to clear that up. RO water is great. Drink plenty!

There was a problem with the filters. It appeared that there were 4 filters when there were actually 5. One was hidden out of sight. This hidden filter was not changed for a couple years. The filter being unchanged was the last one in line. Chlorine was removed by the other filters before it reached the last filter. Hence, there was nothing to kill the bacteria in the last filter.

Don't be alarmed. Going a few months past the expiration date of the filter shouldn't be a problem. This filter hadn't been changed for a couple years. That explains why drinking more water was making me feel worse, increasing UTIs, and muscle spasms.

Keep those filters fresh and drink plenty of water!

I'm planning to get the RO system one day as well.
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09