Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quad butt wiping

Quad butt wiping

Man i hate change. I've had the same "used" when i got it activaid toilet chair for 14 years. Got duct tape on top of duct tape.

Anyway...Medicaid finally bought me a new padded 3 in 1 seat to sit over the toilet. With the activaid i could fit my hand between the seat and toilet seat. New seat...no can do. It has a cutout that i'm trying to figure out how to maneuver but it's not easy AT all.

I'm just wondering what y'all other quads use to wipe with? Utensils, tools, tongs i dunno. I just learned how to get a baby wipe around my finger and it's been working fine for years.

My preference is an add on bidet spray wand. I spray everything off then check with a baby wipe on tongs with a touch of liquid soap. If it comes away clean great. If not I spray some more and repeat until clean. Sometimes it takes several passes with the soaped wipe. I can't lean far enough to reach without the extension from the tongs and still keep my balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Reader View Post
    My preference is an add on bidet spray wand. I spray everything off then check with a baby wipe on tongs with a touch of liquid soap. If it comes away clean great. If not I spray some more and repeat until clean. Sometimes it takes several passes with the soaped wipe. I can't lean far enough to reach without the extension from the tongs and still keep my balance.
    Hey thanks...can you give me a link to that bidet and whatever you use to hold onto the wipes? I can get the wipe draped over my hand but sometimes it slips and i'm wiping with my bare hand instead of the wipe, lol.

The first one is the one I use. I got my Lav Aid sprayer over 8 years ago when I moved in here and my Biffy broke.

http://www.amazon.com/LAV-AID-Bidet-...ywords=Lav+Aid

I really like the longer wand with the button placed in a spot where it was easy to press. Some of the sprayers are so short I would think one would spray stuff of their bottoms and the resulting spray off would be coating their hand.

I get about 3' of toilet paper and wrap it around my hand, so there are about 3 layers over my index finger. Then I reach under (since I don't have a wall there, I built a plywood box next to the toilet to lean against when doing this) and rub the spot with the index finger (from knuckle outward). The paper just sort of natural rotates on my hand when I do this, so I can wipe again with a clean spot. When I am done, I shake the paper off my hand and into the toilet.
    C-6/7 incomplete

Thanks KLD. I could work some of those but definitely need a strap of some kind. I'll look more into Amazon.
    I like the bidet idea also. It would be finances and handyman holding me back on that, lol.
    That's kinda what i do now Kulea. I just use baby wipes instead. I'll give TP a try tomorrow and just clean up with baby wipe.

Keep em coming y'all......

OH yea. My activaid didn't have a cutout. This 3 in 1 had the cutout in the front but my legs and everything were going down into the toilet. We turned it around so the cutouts in the back now. I'm more comfortable and not falling in. I've just got to get this wiping from behind down with no finger extension.

Quote Originally Posted by rollin64 View Post
    OH yea. My activaid didn't have a cutout. This 3 in 1 had the cutout in the front but my legs and everything were going down into the toilet. We turned it around so the cutouts in the back now. I'm more comfortable and not falling in. I've just got to get this wiping from behind down with no finger extension.
    Have you tried wiping from the side? I can reach under the raised seat w/o a cutout. But, I have also turned seats so the cutout is on the side.
    C-6/7 incomplete

These work pretty well if you need to do something inexpensive. Best for those without sensation, as they use cold water (from the toilet water intake), not warmed water as in most fancier bidets or bidet seats:

http://www.amazon.com/LAV-AID-Bidet-.../dp/B001CARPGO

http://cspouchcovers.com/shop/produc...d-toilet-wand/

(KLD)