Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C4 injury

Hi again TThomas,

It would be great if a phrenic nerve pacer, or diaphragm pacing system might work for Wyatt, but I'm encouraged by what you wrote above. To find out that he is eating, talking, and ready to go back to school, and excited about it, that is very encouraging.

Using the words quadriplegic, ventilator, and brain injury in the description of a recently injured human… often that combination of descriptive words is not followed with encouraging news. I'm glad for Wyatt and your family.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by BillMiller823 View Post
    Hi again TThomas,

It would be great if a phrenic nerve pacer, or diaphragm pacing system might work for Wyatt, but I'm encouraged by what you wrote above. To find out that he is eating, talking, and ready to go back to school, and excited about it, that is very encouraging.

Using the words quadriplegic, ventilator, and brain injury in the description of a recently injured human… often that combination of descriptive words is not followed with encouraging news. I'm glad for Wyatt and your family.

Bill
    We explored the potential of a diaphragm pacer with Shepherd, but after several tests we were told that Wyatt wasn't a good candidate. He's always been a very outgoing kid with a lot of friends, I think he's really missing the social interaction that comes with school.

Shepherd did an excellent job of restoring hope in us for Wyatt's future. His brain injury is not severe and we have been given the prognosis that with time and therapy there is significant healing potential. For now we take one day at a time and focus on the progress, if we didn't do so, I'm not sure we would make it.

Quote Originally Posted by tthomas72 View Post
    For now we take one day at a time and focus on the progress, if we didn't do so, I'm not sure we would make it.
    This practice will serve you well. Sometimes thinking of long term or how many things need your attention is just too overwhelming. You just have to break it all down into small parts and knock those out one by one. Best wishes.