Thread: I'm going to be an internet superstar

I'm going to be an internet superstar

Or at least my car is. I passed one of those roving camera vans, and it wasn't just a mundane Google van...but an exclusive Apple Maps van. 4 cameras one on each corner of the roof rack, and 2 spinning camera thingies on sticks on the front and back of the roof rack. So I'll be featured on a major Chicago expressway for at least 1 mile going into downtown as the van pulled in behind me and followed me after the pass. Aren't I special? Switch the video to HD for a better view of this animal

We are not worthy!

(KLD)

You should have crashed into it, then you would be a superstar. You would probably be on the news the same day,
    your dash cam doesn't show good video... I ordered http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o01_s00
    It is bad ass,
    Cheers from Chicago
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Quote Originally Posted by Mac85 View Post
    Do you have a sample shooting into the sun like what it looks like Andy did?
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    Do you have a sample shooting into the sun like what it looks like Andy did?
    Yep. That sun does a number on it as I would imagine it would to most other cameras. But otherwise it is pretty darn good IMO. Mine is an A118C...cheap, tiny, well-regarded, and it gets lost behind the rear view mirror.

I am shown on a Google Earth view of my neighborhood. I discovered that one day by accident. Good thing I wasn't do anything disgusting at the time.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    I am shown on a Google Earth view of my neighborhood. I discovered that one day by accident. Good thing I wasn't do anything disgusting at the time.
    I'm not that famous, but my car has some paparazzi stalking it appently...

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.8938...8i6656!6m1!1e1

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I'm not that famous, but my car has some paparazzi stalking it appently...

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.8938...8i6656!6m1!1e1
    Ever notice how they blur out the license numbers? I don't care what yours is. I'm just curious if google has some web robot that can do it or if they human hand wash them out.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    Ever notice how they blur out the license numbers? I don't care what yours is. I'm just curious if google has some web robot that can do it or if they human hand wash them out.
    There must be an algorithm that looks for rectangular shapes and things that look like faces. Although, manually touching up these might solve any and all unemployment issues for the next decades, lol