Thread: Recomend good shower comode chair?

Recomend good shower comode chair?

Has anyone used the ROHO Commode Seat - Shower/Commode Air Cushion?

I have pressure sores from my shower chair seat, not sure what is best...

C5 - Yoda

Yes, we use these all the time for those recovering from flap surgery, etc. If you sore is still open though, you should not be sitting at all, even on one of these Roho cushions...

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Yes, we use these all the time for those recovering from flap surgery, etc. If you sore is still open though, you should not be sitting at all, even on one of these Roho cushions...

(KLD)
    Thanks. KLD... do you just put the roho on top of the shower chair seat? I've been managing them for past couple years but worse past several months. I was thinking of trying another chair, never had problems with the old E&J, now using activeaid #922 past several years. Seat developed creases after just a short time.

Yoda

I have Roho and Activeaid JTG-624. One thing to consider is the added height in transfer. If you're using a lift or have assistance I think would work well but with a pivot transfer can definitely feel the extra height in clearing the transfer.

It looks like your model #922 is folding chair. There are some things I don't like about the Activeaid but I have had 2 (rigid) and have never had a problem with seat 'creasing' that you mention. I do wish they put about 2x the padding though!

good luck healing, imo if you can get the Roho under you will relieve / distribute pressure nicely.
    Last edited by ChesBay; 08-05-2015 at 12:43 AM. Reason: typo/content

Quote Originally Posted by yoda291 View Post
    Thanks. KLD... do you just put the roho on top of the shower chair seat? Yoda
    Yes, you just put Roho on top of shower seat.

Tucson, AZ USA / San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
    You may want to try one of our GO-Anywhere Chairs at www.GoesAnywhere.com. Our cushions are high-quality, closed-cell memory foam and are quite soft. If you'd like, you can PM me if you have any questions.

rick
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions
    facebook.com/goes.anywhere

The Medline composite bath chair has no metal hardware so no rust (huge bonus). The legs can be popped out and the back and side handles are also removable, so it can break down to be pretty compact for travel. I use a WonderGel Extreme cushion without the cover. This gel cushion has a bunch of holes that partially collapse under pressure. For a guy with skin & bones for a backside, I can take hour long showers without worrying about pressure sores--they are that effective & comfortable. Before transferring on to the shower chair I run water over the cushion filling the holes with water. This allows me to clean my back side. When I'm done, I flip the cushion over to drain.

When my activead shower chair cushion reached the end of its life, I contacted the manufacturer for a replacement. They offered the standard cushion but they also offered, at a higher price, a higher quality cushion. I went for the better one and it is much nicer. I think there's pretty much no chance of getting a wrinkle in the covering and they told me it would last much longer. And the better cushion is thicker.

Quote Originally Posted by ChesBay View Post
    Yes, you just put Roho on top of shower seat.
    Thanks for all the reply' s.... nice looking dog

Yoda