Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any quad car enthusiast out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Horton View Post
    car guy here also-I have a 1971 Porsche 911 T -5 speed--I have a set of homemade hand controls. Only thing I can't shift in turns. Have to say its a awesome feeling shifting. Never stop trying
    How about describing your controls for us?
    Fabbing controls is an obsession of mine!

EDIT-sorry-I'm not a quad.
    Member MrSporto has a later 911 Sportomatic (automatic clutch) and can drive the wheels off it. He may be selling it after long ownership. He's a genuine quad and good guy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Picture of my 1968 Pontiac. Big Block 502 Chevy, dual 650 Quads, Th 400 Trans modified, MSD. Have you thought about maybe just getting rid of your cars and replace them with Automatic cars? Might be a lot less expensive and more practical this way unless you are like super attached to them. What do you have? Pictures?
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Well not I'm I only super attached but they are cars that I may not be able to obtain again. I have a 1956 studebaker Pelham 2 door station wagon that my father gave me, than a 98 saleen bright Atlantic blue roller, 99 saleen s351r , 01 saleen/cobra ( forsale) , 04 saleen/cobra ( wrecked but being rebuilt). I am working on pictures I am unsure how to post them . Timmy I would love to see your hand controls. That Pontiac must move with a 502 in it !

Definitely make friends with pfcs49 because he is a very smart mechanic and he knows a whole lot about racing with hand controls.
    Check out this thread on the AutoClutch. http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...311-AutoClutch

Curt, I love the Purple Pont-a-saurus with the white top!

The cool thing is that it's not always purple, color changing paint. Btw, I'm not a quad, a high level para, Just had to show off my car, lol. It's fun to take this car to shows, people love it. I just put a new motor and trans in the car last winter and need to fine tune some things, it still does not run as well as I'd like at high RPM's I think it's something to do with the carbs, put different metering blocks on with the new motor (mainly because they are purple and match the car) but I'm thinking maybe all the flow ports are not lining up right or something. The other issue is it runs hot when idling, think I'm going to need a different fan setup, more than likely just go to a big mechanical fan with a large shroud. The small duel electrics just don't seem to cut it with this 502 big block chevy motor.
    Last edited by Curt Leatherbee; 08-28-2015 at 11:03 PM.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

I always wanted a fast car but drove trucks because of racing motocross. Heres my 04 GTO I drive with menox hand controls. I bought this wrecked when I sold my mx stuff after my injury then me and my dad rebuilt it. I've been doing more and more to it ever since. 12.6 in the 1/4 mile my last time at the track.
    [IMG]hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/73163_548993758465601_1307356146_n.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by Wills77; 01-02-2016 at 02:25 PM.
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

Here's me autocrossing my 91 Miata. I'm definitely a car guy to the core, also a C6-7 complete.

https://www.facebook.com/mark.thomso...type=2&theater

Neat way to tie down your right leg!
    When I started playing with my Golf 5spd setup, I did track days. I remember I had a velcroed strap mounted to the door panel to restrain my left leg but forget if I did anything with my right.
    Later, when I got a racing seat and started racing it, the problem went away except for the feet going under the brake pedal, so I made a little box with a pip-pin quick release that attached to the floor under the pedal; the pedal would go into it but not my feet.

The Miata auto crossing looks great! Makes me sad.

My last event was Road Atlanta ~2004:
    Folded right around the roll-cage. Damn Jersey Barriers!
    Last edited by pfcs49; 01-10-2016 at 08:45 PM.

Damn!!! That looks like it was a hard hit. I used the velcro straps to keep my feet from ending up n the gas or under the brake pedals too. I discovered I needed them early on. Nothing like coming into a braking zone and having no brakes!! I had a strap on my left leg too, and just shut it in the door to keep my left leg contained.