Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: crazy legs

crazy legs

now im sleeping in the middle of the night and my legs are jumping all over the bed keeps on wakening me up losing sleep does any one have the same problem? c,5,6 complete quad

i did until i took baclofen before bed, if that didn't work popped a valium, if that didn't work smoked some mary jane
    snooore
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Tucson, AZ USA / San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
    yep.........for years.

I take carbidopa/levadopa (a Parkinsons drug) before bed and 1 mg lorazipam (adivan) and another, if I need it, during the night.

I'm 37 yrs PI and it's my theory that my nerve endings are shedding more and more of their myelin sheath resulting in random firing and neuropathy.

r
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions
    facebook.com/goes.anywhere

Sometimes it happens to me. I'm so happy to see them move that I close my eyes again with a smile in my face It doesn't bother me much. I wake up often during the night to urinate anyway. I don't take any meds at night.

Tucson, AZ USA / San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
    Well, while it might be nice to see my legs move (and spasms kept me well-toned for many years), it's annoying when every 8-9 seconds my leg'll do a little shake.....especially when I start anticating them. Eventually I get tired enough to slep through them which the drugs help.

r
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions
    facebook.com/goes.anywhere

Every injury is different. I'm lucky then.

wheel2, I'm same level but incomplete. Do you use a standing frame? Helps my spasms immensely.

Standing and weight bearing does help some, but until you are cleared by a doctor don't do it. Do you do Range of Motion on your legs before going to bed? Might help some.

a little medication at night- baclofen, Ativan, Valium also might help to calm them down.

ckf

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Standing and weight bearing does help some, but until you are cleared by a doctor don't do it. Do you do Range of Motion on your legs before going to bed? Might help some.

a little medication at night- baclofen, Ativan, Valium also might help to calm them down.

ckf
    standing only helps my tone/spasms for 30 mins after that i shake even more
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

i found what it was i started taking caltrate for my bones it was the magnesium in the ingredients thank god they stopped i learned one thing you can buy over the counter this product its called leg cramps pm night time leg cramp relief it really helped