Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: power base for van

im going to pendant when I go in for service.

Quote Originally Posted by cfx View Post
    Hope this helps...
    I just received my van about a month ago and noticed that the B&D control module was flaking off paint. This happened first time I used it at the dealer. Anyways called B&D and they were very nice. We planned to replace control box next time at the dealer.
    I inquired about the pendent control and asked about swapping the box for the pendent. I find the control box ugly, in the way for transfers, and hard to reach when needing to move the chair back from the drive position.

Anyways the dealer did the swap and I couldn't be more happy with the results. The ugly box is gone and the chair looks more "factory". I am able to get closer to the chair without worrying about the chair and the control box getting stuck together when I raise/lower the car seat. I stow the pendent in the back of the driver seat so its easy to get at. I asked the installer to not install the little mount for the pendent. It looks like a cb radio mic mount. Easy to install if I change my mind.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

is the black air bag box under the chevy seat supposed to be exposed when b/d is all the way back for transfers? or is it an install issue. I had to duct tape that box shut because my big feet keep getting stuck on it and popping the box.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    is the black air bag box under the chevy seat supposed to be exposed when b/d is all the way back for transfers? or is it an install issue. I had to duct tape that box shut because my big feet keep getting stuck on it and popping the box.
    can you take a picture?

I just had to tighten the base where you put your feet. I got in and the base made a huge bang when trying to move it back for transfer. I looked and the whole base had slid down and was in contact with the slide. Quality is not a strong point when the conversion people put these things together.