Thread: Power Pull for Minivan?

Power Pull for Minivan?

Anyone have experience with the Power Pull system? I'm getting a new minivan and having one installed for those times when I'm parked on a slope and can't push up the ramp. I think this would be great for colder climates and for when it's raining as well.

I have experience with it. Has worked pretty well. Have had a couple issues with it especially the limit switch which has broken a couple times. The company has been very helpful though and worked everything out. The biggest problem was having someone familiar enough with the system to fix it.

Picture using this system when it's raining or when you have packages on your lap. Don't know why the mini van system can't have the ramp work like a lift does in a full size van - no incline. Many folks have trouble pushing up mini van ramps even in good weather.
    In the video, the person appears to wheel to the side of the ramp to grab the device, then wheel back to the ramp entrance and reposition the device on the wheelchair. All this takes time.

Quote Originally Posted by triumph View Post
    Picture using this system when it's raining or when you have packages on your lap . . . In the video, the person appears to wheel to the side of the ramp to grab the device, then wheel back to the ramp entrance and reposition the device on the wheelchair. All this takes time.
    Well, I can't push up the ramp in the rain or with stuff on my lap anyway, so this would help in those situations, even with the time it takes.

I agree that a lift would be better, but they come with ramps. I have heard people have gotten lifts put in minivans, but that wasn't really an option for me this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by josieand1 View Post
    I have experience with it. Has worked pretty well. Have had a couple issues with it especially the limit switch which has broken a couple times. The company has been very helpful though and worked everything out. The biggest problem was having someone familiar enough with the system to fix it.
    Thanks, that's good to hear. I've got an extended warranty on everything, so at least it won't cost me anything if it craps out. I won't use it all the time, rarely for going down the ramp, so I'm hoping that'll reduce some of the wear and tear. I like it so far, and it'll be a big help when I park on a slope and no one's around to help me up the ramp.

I had hill holders installed on my chair for this very reason (getting up the ramp, especially when parked on a slope). So far I find they do the trick. Will be interested to hear about your experience with the pull.

Scorp, I saw that power pull thing at Ride Away and was wondering how reliable it was too. At some point you should come back and let us all know!

I've had one for over four years on my Honda Odyssey. It has met the need when I've had to park on an incline. I don't use it often, as I've gotten better at avoiding those parking conditions even if it means I need to park much farther away.

When I got the van, the dealer had mounted a post near the outboard end of the ramp. The Power Pull hooks would be on the post for easy access when I returned to the van. Unfortunately, the post was dangerously in the way. I removed it and just left the hooks on a seat belt strap near the door whenever I expected to need the Power Pull. That's been convenient enough.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey View Post
    Scorp, I saw that power pull thing at Ride Away and was wondering how reliable it was too. At some point you should come back and let us all know!
    Will do, Smokey!

Quote Originally Posted by endo_aftermath View Post
    I've had one for over four years on my Honda Odyssey. It has met the need when I've had to park on an incline. I don't use it often, as I've gotten better at avoiding those parking conditions even if it means I need to park much farther away.
    Yeah, I do that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by endo_aftermath View Post
    When I got the van, the dealer had mounted a post near the outboard end of the ramp. The Power Pull hooks would be on the post for easy access when I returned to the van. Unfortunately, the post was dangerously in the way. I removed it and just left the hooks on a seat belt strap near the door whenever I expected to need the Power Pull. That's been convenient enough.
    I'm thinking of doing something similar. Good to hear it's doable. Thanks!