Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gimp Humor

Gimp Humor

T-10 Para incomplete post 20 years. I am sure this has happened to others and not just me had to share. Ok so I was boarding an elevator by myself at work on the way down. I lifted up to do a weight shift and rip a big one. Yes I just ripped a hot air biscuit!! I'm thinking to myself, please go all the way down don't let anyone else get on. DING! yes it stops three people get on laughing and give me a pleasant hello and continue talking. Then boom silence, and they start snickering and holding their breath at the same time. If this has happened to you or you have a funny story , please share.

It didn't happen to me in an elevator but in the middle of a business meeting as I was doing my weight shift. After that, I only do my weight shifts in the bathroom and do little ones in my office

t976, Oh man in a meeting that's bad.

what you gonna do? at least it wasn't chunky.

I've had it happen on many an occasion - I just apologize and say that it's part of the injury package... Sometimes with the added remark "I hate when it does that..."

My running joke is about folks not being used to dealing with people like me that bring their own furniture with them... (amazing how many medical offices where there known to be lots of folks in chairs coming through don't provide out of the passageway "parking areas" in the waiting room....)

ex-Gooserider
    T-5 ASIA-B para, currently working on building own power chair, as being in a manual is an EXTRA handicap.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-Gooserider View Post
    My running joke is about folks not being used to dealing with people like me that bring their own furniture with them... (amazing how many medical offices where there known to be lots of folks in chairs coming through don't provide out of the passageway "parking areas" in the waiting room....)

ex-Gooserider
    Man that drives me nuts! It seems there are never any "parking areas" in any of my Drs waiting rooms. So I try to find a spot out of the way, but always end up blocking more than one chair plus decreasing the amount of space for people to walk through the room.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

I have quite a few stories... But one that used to get the most laughs... I used to go out to the cinema with a few buddies of mine and sometimes someone new would join us and I would transfer from my wheelchair and onto the nice comfortable seat to watch the movie... Hey, If abled bodies can use them I can too... Anyway, In the process of transferring to the nice comfy chair I would "Slip and fall" and yell at one of the guys "Hey what you move my chair for?!" causing a bucket load of embarrassment as those who weren't in the group would look on in disgust, but a tonne of giggles between the rest of us...
    Everybody wants freedom.... They just don't want it for everybody else...

A college professor, a man I now consider my dad, once told me...
    "The minute you let someone decide what you can and cannot do, your life is no longer yours." A truer word has never been spoken in my opinion.

Professor Bill Johnston
    (1930- )

One time I was with a buddy of mine in his Corvette. When I transferred to get out of the car, I had him hold my my chair so it doesn't have a chance of scraping into his car. As I was in the process of transferring I let out a big one. He said, "Ooo, turboboost".
    Ahh, good times.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

I vented my ostomy late one night on the way down thinking there's no one else here this late then the damn thing stopped on the next damn floor. There was no hiding that it wasn't me. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by ex-Gooserider View Post
    My running joke is about folks not being used to dealing with people like me that bring their own furniture with them...

ex-Gooserider
    You didn't just bring your own furniture, you brought your own music.
    Played with bombs- No SCI, Brain Damage enough that I require a chair and a caregiver.