Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hay, peeps!

hay, peeps!

Hi guys and gals... I'm having to move after 10 years and we've decided to go from a house to a luxury condo that only runs about 70-80 bucks more a month which is still well over two grand... anyway. My problem is with the parking... they charge an extra $125 monthly for unassigned parking in their garage, but with little to no street parking how does this work with my placard? There's a guest lot with accessible parking too, but you have to move your car every 4 hours....? One of my aides has ms and has a placard, does she really have to move handicap spaces every 4 hours? I've been googling ada California stuff to no avail....
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

You can request that the association give you an assigned handicapped parking place in the lot. This would be a reasonable accommodation consistent with CA accessibility standards for HOA. Alternatively, you can also petition the city to designate a street parking space as handicapped only, but that would allow anyone with a placard to park there, and not be reserved only for you.

Does the guest lot include accessible spaces (blue with symbol)? Do you know if they currently enforce this 4 hour rule for everyone? That would be a rule through the association, and if they are applying it equally to everyone, not just those with a placard, you probably do not have any legal recourse for the 4 hour move requirement, although you can certainly go to your HOA BOD and ask for either an exception to be made for anyone with a placard, or to have the rule eased to perhaps 8 hours for everyone.

(KLD)

Why not just ask them? You might even get to park in a handicapped spot in the garage for free. Who knows?

In my experience, there's usually a simple solution. I currently live in an apartment building in downtown Los Angeles, and I get one assigned spot with my rent, but they also have at least 6 handicapped spots in the underground garage as well. I was told that, by law, they can't assign those handicapped spots to anyone, but of course I can park there. So in simple terms, I park in a handicapped spot in the underground garage, and I have my assigned spot in there open and free for guests. Win win!

$24,000 per year for iffy parking. When you come home and your spot is taken, are there alternatives? Any other options for housing with secure parking for each resident?

I have asked. I have been extremely polite... at one point I was told to change the flooring in the master suite would mean I have to replace the flooring in the entire house Bc these aren't "ghetto " apartments and they ran out of the previously laid flooring.... Can I just say the flooring is laminate? like a big vinyl sticker? This was going to cost me 5 to 6 grand. She's threatened to not rent to me bc i ask too many questions but due to the deposit already being down and a lack of other options... we're kinda stuck.... Then they had us sign the e lease without an estimate to just re floor my room. i've asked for no other accommodations than the floor. Originally she said it was going to cost me 5-6 hundred then 5-6 thousand for the whole place, now I just got an email that it should be 'less than a thousand '

If you want reference, although please refrain from commenting or.contacting; you can see the floorplan / apartments are at linqmidtown.com and we're. Getting the C 5 floorplan. I'm the master with the en suite bathroom

I assume you're feeling better? You were having a lot of trouble if I remember right - back surgery? I love condo living ... but the rules and parking really do suck. I had to fight for a year and threaten a Human Rights complaint. Ended up with a wheelchair spot in the public parking reserved for me .. the spot that goes with my condo is free for anyone to use. When I sell, that parking spot reverts back to the condo.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Not really doing better, 1 surgery turned into three because on the first, the Dr forgot I was paralyzed and that my lack of involuntary muscles wouldn't hold his work into place, so he had to go back in and put in a plate and screws (as I had told him from the beginning) when he did that he broke/drilled through a vertebrae and broke it, so THEN he had to go in, fuse up 2-3 more levels so the broken one (it was one of the top ones) could heal and wouldn't be the one bearing the stress and would be reinforced.

The worst part was coming home and healing for months in between, and each checkup where I thought I'd get my "get out of jail free" pass to return to my chair/life was met with another surgery with even more time down. Thanks for the checkup, lynnifer

Sorry to hear of your medical issues on top of the housing problems.
    Might be time to "lawyer up" in regard to the condo. A lawyer could at least advise you - maybe there's some other ways to deal with the management. Or, options like getting your funds back so you can find another place.
    Might be an ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) issue. You may want to contact a local CIL (Center for Independent Living) as they probably have experience with these issues.
    Please don't think you're alone on this! You're in a position to train the condo management about a disabled person's access needs.

Got a quote today that its over a thousand dollars for the smaller of 2 bedroom/closet areas in an apartment that isn't even 1200 $q f2f total'm plus irresponsible for any issues that might arise in the sub floor???

https://www.google.com/search?q=armo...rmoire+cabinet
    I got everything in my house but the mattress at auction, for a song.