Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: expectation

A written job description does help, we started to use one after reading this a few months ago. I send a written job offer describing a typical day and a not so typical day, during times of illness. I make it abundantly clear they must be willing to perform everything on a bulletted list (that is also discussed). Nevertheless we just had a caregiver tell us almost every shift I'm not comfortable doing this, that, and the other. I had 4 texts from her over the course of her first 2 days telling me she wasn't going to do 3 out of the first 5 items on the job offer list! Buh, bye!

IMO she is totally underpaid. That's a lot of work. I probably overpay at $90 total, but I have two very reliable women who come once every two weeks and clean the whole house including changing sheets on two beds, vacuuming, mopping hard floors, dusting everything. I can ask them to reach stuff I need, change a light bulb, etc. They cleaned 5 double windows inside and out and two doorwalls recently, and wanted no pay but I gave them $40 extra as it was a big job.
    I would not pay this if they balked at things I needed. They come on time, alert me by text if short delay, bring goodies, and I provide a pot of coffee.

If you like her work, have a sit down to discuss your mutual needs, and as nurse suggests write up a list and ask her to sign it. (I don't do this).