Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Do any of you quads drive?

Exactly it works great and is cheap and easy...
    ^^(A)^^

Here's the steering U that I use.

"It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

So your wrist or your hand goes in it? Do you have any grip?
    ^^(A)^^

My Set up

Here is some more...

Name:  1996 ford 001.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  236.7 KBName:  1996 ford 018.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  232.1 KBName:  1996 ford 020.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  231.9 KBName:  1996 ford 022.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  230.6 KB
    ^^(A)^^

to you guys driving full sized vans. the brakes in my chevy just don't seem great. is this normal? I have never driven a big vehicle just cars.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    to you guys driving full sized vans. the brakes in my chevy just don't seem great. is this normal? I have never driven a big vehicle just cars.
    What symptom do you mean by "don't seem great"?
    Even with over 100,000 miles on them my Chev Express 2500 brake pads work fine for most trips. But long downgrades involving constant braking will heat them up and they cause a shuddering effect. There was plenty of thickness left when we checked them a few months ago so we didn't bother changing them, but that was a mistake. I'm positive they are the original 2005 pads.
    Last edited by nonoise; 07-31-2015 at 07:39 PM.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

I usually get a year out of front pads bu a lot of my driving is in the mountains where braking as nonoise described is common. I often will gear down to avoid getting them hot. I'll get many years out of the rear drum brakes. They won't stop as quickly as a car for obvious weight difference. I wouldn't think brakes on a new van would be out of adjustment but you may get them to check it.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by darty View Post
    So your wrist or your hand goes in it? Do you have any grip?
    Hand goes in. No grip other than tenodisis(sp). Most time driving down the highway or interstate my hand is never in the U, just resting on the wheel.

Did you get a 1500 awd or 2500?

The newer vans are a lot better than the older 1500's that never seemed to want to stop.

We had a few guys with hand controls that had a hard time.

A different brake pad helped a little.

With one guy we ended up doing zero effort brakes so he could stop with less effort.

Jim
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

2014 1500 rear wheel drive. could be im just not used to the big vehicle yet. im strong never used any type of brake/steering assist. all this van stuff is new to me. but seems like it should brake better
    Quote Originally Posted by Automotive Innovations View Post
    Did you get a 1500 awd or 2500?

The newer vans are a lot better than the older 1500's that never seemed to want to stop.

We had a few guys with hand controls that had a hard time.

A different brake pad helped a little.

With one guy we ended up doing zero effort brakes so he could stop with less effort.

Jim
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer