Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Do any of you quads drive?

Quote Originally Posted by pattherat View Post
    Haven't driven it yet. I need to have a custom gas tank made because of the lowered floor, but I'm not at that stage yet. This is going in next:
    Jeep's looking nice!

Did you find someone to build you a tank?

Have you looked into using a off the shelf fuel cell?

Jim
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

No hydro boost is not the same as a sensitized booster. Sensitized booster is just a swap out with a modified power brake booster a hydro boost is a complete system swap.

Hydroboost runs off the power steering pump and creates almost twice the braking power that a vacuum assisted brake system will apply to the wheels. They are designed for use in low vacuum situations like in a race car or off road vehicle with a highly modified engine that can't produce enough vacuum for braking.

http://www.thehollisterroadcompany.com/hydroboost.html

http://www.powerbrake-drivetrain.com...brake-booster/

REMANUFACTURED SENSITIZED POWER BRAKE BOOSTER

FITS:73-78 GMC MOTORHOMe
    GREAT PERFORMANCE ENHANCER TO THE MASTER CYLINDER TO STOP THE MOTORHOME SENSITIZED BOOSTER INITIATES VALVE AT 15LBS. AND IS FULLY ACTIVATED AT 25LBS. PEDAL PRESSURE.

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    that's what this was.
    Last edited by darty; 10-07-2015 at 10:17 AM.
    ^^(A)^^

the new chevys run off a hydroboost Darty, no vacuum booster.

Quote Originally Posted by darty View Post
    No hydro boost is not the same as a sensitized booster. Sensitized booster is just a swap out with a modified power brake booster a hydro boost is a complete system swap.

Hydroboost runs off the power steering pump and creates almost twice the braking power that a vacuum assisted brake system will apply to the wheels. They are designed for use in low vacuum situations like in a race car or off road vehicle with a highly modified engine that can't produce enough vacuum for braking.

http://www.thehollisterroadcompany.com/hydroboost.html

http://www.powerbrake-drivetrain.com...brake-booster/

REMANUFACTURED SENSITIZED POWER BRAKE BOOSTER

FITS:73-78 GMC MOTORHOMe
    GREAT PERFORMANCE ENHANCER TO THE MASTER CYLINDER TO STOP THE MOTORHOME SENSITIZED BOOSTER INITIATES VALVE AT 15LBS. AND IS FULLY ACTIVATED AT 25LBS. PEDAL PRESSURE.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by Automotive Innovations View Post
    Jeep's looking nice!

Did you find someone to build you a tank?

Have you looked into using a off the shelf fuel cell?

Jim
    Thanks Jim. I'll post a new thread when I finish it.
    I found a guy fairly close that builds really nice aluminum tanks. I just have to finish the conversion first.
    Problem with off the shelf is finding a shape that'll fit without losing too much capacity. The space is about 5 ft long but only 11" wide and 7" high.

Thanks for the info. Your Jeep is an amazing undertaking. Looks great. Have you checked the steering in the Wrangler? I haven't got in a Wrangler but in the Toyota FJ Cruiser the steering required significantly more effort than my Sienna and was a long reach from the driver's seat. I'm used to having the steering wheel pretty close.

my 08 GMC 4wd z71, conversion by ATC
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Do you have enough headroom?
    "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and other people may not be able to tell the difference."

nice kyle.
    I still haven't got my refund on that hydroboost that Bob Sweetney modded. sent back and delivered 3 weeks ago. ive left multiple vm and email. I hope im wrong, I will update
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Well that sucks. Would have been really cool if that guy didn't flake out. Maybe some other source can be found as it is known to be able to be done?

Anyway, while reduced effort stuff is on my mind, have you considered removal of the 'extra' spring in your electronic gas pedal for reduced gas effort? It's a nice mod that does a good job of very noticeably smoothing out the gas feel and effort when using hand controls on those types of pedals. And best of all, you guys can DIY it in the comfort of your garage with basic hand tools.

Quote Originally Posted by 24/7 Quad View Post
    Do you have enough headroom?
    I have to duck a little going in, but inside there's plenty, actually more than my Honda minivan!