Thread: Old Christopher Reeve Documentary, with Young Wise

Old Christopher Reeve Documentary, with Young Wise

I swear no pun intended with the thread title!

Sorry if this is the wrong section to post this, but I think it is fitting, as it shows the the foundation of the CURE initiative. And I was excited to see a youthful Dr Wise Young in there too ... I think it's a real old documentary, I think around 2002?

Mods feel free to move this post, I thought it was he best place - I make it out like no one has seen this; just that it fuelled my hope train.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E21dZE0H39c

Regards
    Last edited by taymas; 07-14-2015 at 08:10 AM.

...forgot video link
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    LOOOOL forgot video link! Thanks Moe

That was embarrassing

[QUOTE=taymas;1772728]LOOOOL forgot video link! Thanks Moe

hey np, thanks for the post I haven't watched it until you mentioned about it!

I assume that it was filmed around 2002 cuz it was around his 50th birthday as presented (he was born in 1952). But what saddens me and kills my hopes is that if he would be still alive today (13 years after that filming) he'd be 63 years old and still not much changed since then... Wonder how things will be in another 10-15 years... guess will find out in the year 2030, most likely still sitting or lying down.

[QUOTE=Moe;1772750]
    Quote Originally Posted by taymas View Post
    LOOOOL forgot video link! Thanks Moe

hey np, thanks for the post I haven't watched it until you mentioned about it!

I assume that it was filmed around 2002 cuz it was around his 50th birthday as presented (he was born in 1952). But what saddens me and kills my hopes is that if he would be still alive today (13 years after that filming) he'd be 63 years old and still not much changed since then... Wonder how things will be in another 10-15 years... guess will find out in the year 2030, most likely still sitting or lying down.
    I know exactly what you mean... I just don't know how to word it... I lied in the intial post that it fuelled my hope a bit. The pessimistic side of me says progress is laborious and slow. And perhaps things would have improved if Reeve was with us today. His position in society helped raise the $47 million mentioned in the video. Back then, that was a HUGE amount. It's still a huge amount today and raising that amount again TODAY would mean funding would be covered for Wise. It would also mean the ?10 million needed for another trial in the UK/Poland would be covered. (I can't remember the name of the persons involved, but he patient was Darek Fidiyak or aomething?)

You get my point. Without an inspirational figure like Reeve things will be so. - That's not to say things would have been quicker if he were alive - he might still be in the same position.

But the general population dont give two shits, too busy infatuated with Drake, Niki Minage and Kanye Nothing against them, but if either of them raised awareness for us, we would be greatful given their huge following.

I'm just rambling on now... but the posiive side of me says things are happening behind the scenes, especially in the lat few years.

I wan't to be an international superstar and raise awareness. Time to blow the dust off my mic and pick up the guitar.

Ok getting too happy now not in a million years lol and I'm glas you watched the documentary Moe. Hope your tavern is open to non-Springfielders see ya

Regards

Yep, I feel the same here!

Tavern open 24h! hehe