Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking to purchase Monarch M1-A gear

Looking to purchase Monarch M1-A gear

Over the years I have purchased two sets of Monarch controls, one for a Honda Civic (short control rods) and one for a Tundra (longer). Recently purchased a Santa Fe and still have the Civic controls. I shortened the control rods of the Tundra set for a Nissan Frontier install. Still have most of the Civic hardware. Looking to buy more components, specifically brake control rod. If you have Monarch A-1 hardware and looking to sell, shoot me an email. I do my own installs, and between me and a buddy we do it way more professionally than the dealers. Local dealer saw our install and said it was cleaner than anything he could have done. I'll give this route about a month and if nothing comes up I'll go through a dealer. trsessions@gmail.com

Sorry, that should read Monarch 1-A controls

If its just the brake rod, make one. Or have a local machine shop do it.

That will definitely be an option before going through a dealer. It's just threaded rod. When I did my Frontier install I cannibalized a few pieces/parts other than the rod and I haven't taken inventory of everything I need just yet.

As BFD stated, if it is just the accelerator rod, make it. I used some allthread rod and a couple of 'couplers' to make various lengths. If you need more parts, I have a complete Monarch (not sure if M1-A or not) that I could sell.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

You can use all thread if you want, but I'm agin it. You can slide heater hose over it to keep from scraping up yourself or clothes. I'd use solid rod and thread it. A couple bucks for a die at the hardware store.

If you self install look on Ebay they have lots of them cheaper than a dealer.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...roles&_sacat=0

Quote Originally Posted by Tman9513 View Post
    Over the years I have purchased two sets of Monarch controls, one for a Honda Civic (short control rods) and one for a Tundra (longer). Recently purchased a Santa Fe and still have the Civic controls. I shortened the control rods of the Tundra set for a Nissan Frontier install. Still have most of the Civic hardware. Looking to buy more components, specifically brake control rod. If you have Monarch A-1 hardware and looking to sell, shoot me an email. I do my own installs, and between me and a buddy we do it way more professionally than the dealers. Local dealer saw our install and said it was cleaner than anything he could have done. I'll give this route about a month and if nothing comes up I'll go through a dealer. trsessions@gmail.com
    ^^(A)^^

I thought I'd throw out an idea of skipping the Monarch controls as they appear crude and clumsy compared to my favorite controls, MPD's. You can get those in right angle types, and the mechanism seems much more refined and having better appearance than the chrome plated bulky dinosaur known as a Monarch. Ebay also has them used running anywhere from $200-300 last time I bought a set for another car. Check the serial number to figure how old they are if you are interested in minty-fresh gear, the age is readily apparent by the numbering.

Thanks for all the responses. Over the past three days of rummaging through closets and the garage I found all the pieces/parts I need from my older set. I haven't used any MPDs, how do they compare to the Monarchs as far as the amount of force needed to actuate gas rod?

I have used MPD and Monarch and I think the Monarch's operate much smoother and are better built. But I agree the appearance has room for improvement.