Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Check out what this dude made me in one day! Quads can grip hair tools now!

Check out what this dude made me in one day! Quads can grip hair tools now!

I did another AMA on reddit yesterday. I swear more people swarm there every month who know nothing about SCI. well luckily I educated a good amount of people.

i had to explain that many quads can be really mobile in their upper limbs. It led to a question...one thing I think would be awesome to have if it existed. We'll I've wanted to do my own hair since the first day in rehab. I wanted a straightener that I could use as a quad with no finger function but with wrist extension. This guy made this overnight!!! I was almost crying. He showed me his prototype in a 3 minute video.

http://youtu.be/T8Qpdat1_r8

My 5 year anniversary was this past week. Still feels like I'm new sometimes

What the heck! This is awesome!

Sweet, nice anniversary present.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Nice. For stability, you will probably want two fixed aluminum bands, one around your forearm and one around your wrist.

Have a look at the "Cripper" from http://quadtools.com/

i will check out your AMA, i have just started using reddit, and am learning how to use it still, i think it will be a great resource , much better than facebook, but people have to be careful, looked like tom cruise got pissed at the reddit attention for his reacher movie on the extra, and cut him from the movie. That was on the reddit podcast
    cauda equina

Very cool, and what a kind thing to do. Saw your followup story on Today this morning too. Good job.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Very nice to see a kind, caring person being generous with his time and talent.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Dude is cool. very nice.

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Saw a somewhat similar type story of a father whose son was born without fingers and he made a devise with a 3D Printer that had griping fingers which operated with the wrist.

Thought the same thing could be done for quads also but a number of others who did the same thing never replied to my messages.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Very Nice!!
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>