Some of the people I know see a therapist (psychologist) on a regular or semi regular basis. None of these people have spinal cord injuries or anything. A few have encouraged me to do so. Once I seriously thought about it though I was wondering if somebody like me (a C4-C5 quadriplegic for 30 years) could see just any psychologist? Or are there any that specialize in those with spinal cord injuries?

I've been through some difficult times, as I'm sure most people here could relate, but have been able to get through them somehow. However there are some big changes ahead so I'm going to face challenges like I've never faced before so it makes me wonder if this wouldn't be a good thing to look into now.

Does anybody here have any experience with this or any suggestions? I just don't know where to start. Thanks so much in advance.