Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do bowels get "sluggish" over time from SCI?

Miralax is a pretty strong laxative (and is a osmotic laxative). It is exactly the same chemical as Golytely, just in a smaller dose...

(KLD)

goes to show just how lazy my bowels have become over the last 14 years...i take one heaping dose daily and 3 doculax on the morning of 'bowel day' and even then my stool isn't watery, just thick. have always preferred osmotics over stimulants but they just are not predictable enuff for me...all except a bottle of mag citrate...you WILL be going in 4 to 8 hours. the tricky part is knowing when you'll stop....lol
    C6/7 Complete

14 years post injury

I am 7 yrs post and going through the exact same thing. By day 2, I feel so painfully bloated, I can't even think about eating. I need serious stim and fleet enema every other day. I generally take one dose of miralax daily and 2 colace, senecot and prunes. My bowels give me horrendous nerve pain that affects my daily living. I've gone to a gastroenterologist, but he had no knowledge of neurogenic bowel. Such a bummer.

Instead of fleet, use magic bullet or enemeeze...MUCH faster/complete results...can be a god send.
    C6/7 Complete

14 years post injury