Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Working 2 Walk Symposium Registration Sept. 27-28, 2015 - Bethesda, MD is now open!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormycoon View Post
    Grammy try n get Ahlfors speech please!!
    Quote Originally Posted by c473s View Post
    Grammy, Is is really good Dr. Ed Wirth has been invited to speak. Maybe he can add details to what their press release had in it.
    Actually, it shows on the overview and abstract page, time will be allowed for presentations on 3 current spinal cord clinical trials and also the Ch'ase dog trial this year. I wish there was time to do more...

There are plans to video all of the presentations unless something should go terribly wrong. The 3 human trials being presented this year are Dr. Jan-Eric Ahlfors trial in Russia, Dr. Dalton Dietrich of Miami Project and Dr. Ed Wirth reporting for the Asterias company. Also, Dr. Nick Jeffery is reporting on the canine trial being done at Ames, Iowa.

Heck yes it's a good thing to hear what Dr. Wirth has to say! I'm hoping he can give even a few more details in person about the press release a week ago. It's interesting they have a patient changing ASIA score on the initial dosage and now they're getting ready to ramp up the dosage even more. Sounds like good stuff! I hope the progress continues and results turn out to be good for someone getting a SCI. Nobody should be destined to a lifetime of SCI. I hope all of the various speakers are onto something BIG to help overcome paralysis!

That's what W2W is all about. Speakers are invited to tell us how they are coming along in their work. It's a rare opportunity for people to talk to them and ask questions about all the work being done for SCI and future collaborations are frequently formed at the conference.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 09-08-2015 at 02:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Just a quick reminder....

For everyone that is making hotel reservations, you also need to be registered to attend the actual W2W conference. At the conference check in table you'll be getting your name tag and conference bag filled with goodies and the program. You will also be included in the meal count for the caterer.

On arrival night, Saturday, September 26, there will be a cash bar Meet & Greet in the Forest Glen Room at the Bethesda North Marriott. The hotel is extremely busy that night with other events, so we decided to reserve our own room for an informal get-together before the conference starts. We'll be there from 7:30-9:30 pm, right after Early Registration which runs from 5-7 pm in the Middlebrook Room. Both rooms are on the lower level of the Conference Center.

Don't forget to sign up for the KKI Open House on Monday night. With transportation and dinner provided, this will be the perfect way to finish up the conference in a relaxing atmosphere while getting a first-hand look at the latest innovations in recovery therapies.

Despite our best efforts at publicity, it seems that every year we hear from people who for one reason or another were not aware of Working 2 Walk and so disappointed to have missed it. We hope you can help us spread the word about this unique and empowering conference to your friends and colleagues. While our hotel block has sold out, there is still time to register and take advantage of all the extraordinary educational and networking opportunities. The Working 2 Walk home page provides all the necessary information and links, so please share via email, social media, phone calls, and however else you communicate in this world.

I'm not sure if this is the "i'm attending too" thread, but I am!
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

Quote Originally Posted by 0xSquidy View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the "i'm attending too" thread, but I am!
    Sweet, I'll see ya there!

Safe travels to everyone!

Also, a big thank you to all the volunteers that arrive from all over the country to work hard and make this a successful conference. It's a huge undertaking in all the planning and organizing all year to make it happen for the SCI community. Thank you very much for making it happen!

See you all in Bethesda!

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    Safe travels to everyone!

Also, a big thank you to all the volunteers that arrive from all over the country to work hard and make this a successful conference. It's a huge undertaking in all the planning and organizing all year to make it happen for the SCI community. Thank you very much for making it happen!

See you all in Bethesda!

Yes thank you to all that help make this happen
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

How Was Dr. Jan-Eric Ahlfors talk?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    How Was Dr. Jan-Eric Ahlfors talk?
    I don't think that it's happened yet
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature