Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Working 2 Walk Symposium Registration Sept. 27-28, 2015 - Bethesda, MD is now open!

Thanks Paulo for posting that part of Kate's blog. I couldn't find it yesterday and got tired of scrolling down the phone screen with my quad fingers...
    I really believe his trial is genuine and finally there's something that proves to work moving and it's moving fast. I would offer to pay all the expenses, procedures, etc for myself to take part in the trial but as James said that for some reasons they can't take foreigner patients, yet. Maybe once they gathered more information this will change and I'll definitely try my luck soon. To much denying and skepticism is not good either and when something as promising as this show up I can't not think that this might be one of the big steps.

China and Russia going to beat the US (FDA) to a promising therapy to help people with SCI's.
    Thanks Paolo for posting that. I missed that second part as well. And thanks Kate for writing so much awesome info.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvio GS View Post
    Thanks Paulo for posting that part of Kate's blog. I couldn't find it yesterday and got tired of scrolling down the phone screen with my quad fingers...
    I really believe his trial is genuine and finally there's something that proves to work moving and it's moving fast. I would offer to pay all the expenses, procedures, etc for myself to take part in the trial but as James said that for some reasons they can't take foreigner patients, yet. Maybe once they gathered more information this will change and I'll definitely try my luck soon. To much denying and skepticism is not good either and when something as promising as this show up I can't not think that this might be one of the big steps.
    Clinical trial, and as of right now they said they can't justify charging someone until they know the most effective dosage, surgery and procedure meaning they're not a bunch of scam artists out for a quick buck

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...n-of-greatness

I'm telling you this guy is no joke! Man of greatness indeed, he will play a part in many regenerating treatments!

Doing some check up on Jan-Eric Ahlfors he has performed research at a highly ranked university. Further, looking at his CV at linkedin this guy is nothing but a prodigy. His CV is nothing else than wicked. I don't see what he would have to gain by destroying his reputation like that. Also I think russia is a rather bad place for a scam center. Quite tricky with visas and stuff, panama would be much better. The company as mentioned by James doesn't seem so sale oriented at the moment. I think one should be careful talking this guy down. This guy has a very impressive history!
    Last edited by void; 09-29-2015 at 03:50 PM.
    Debating on CareCure is like participating in the special-olympics. You may win, but you're still disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvio GS View Post
    Thanks Paolo for posting that part of Kate's blog. I couldn't find it yesterday and got tired of scrolling down the phone screen with my quad fingers...

He should just publish at least some animal studies. He could easily do that in an openaccess journal so he wouldn't waste much time and people could try to replicate his results.
    If that happens he will get easily money to go forward..

Maybe animal studies were not that good.

Anyway I am in favor of him going forward as fast as possible, I just suggest not to get too excited too soon.
    I hope also he got to talk to Naomy Kleitman
    Last edited by paolocipolla; 09-29-2015 at 06:14 PM.
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    Why do you think his stuff was rubbish? I offered to pay a lot of money to get into the trial and they wouldn't take me because right now they say it's not effective enough to accept private foreign patients (because right now they're just figuring out doses, surgery etc some patients aren't even expected to recover much because of low dosage, but as you can see they did nothing dramatic but this is still very new they constantly reminded me that much work needs to be done) and Russian government won't let foreigners in, because they are funding it. I would think the results of the animal models would have to be accurate for the Russian government to fund it, also if they're doing a scam they just would've taken my money and performed untethering surgery or whatever they wanted. But I've talked with his associates and I can tell that they are reputable researchers trying to make a difference, and also make money in the future which is the way the world goes, there's nothing wrong with that! They don't want to release how they manufactured these products to the public. What could this great researcher in regeneration, with numerous credentials at a very young age possibly have the gain by spreading false information, nothing but a tarnished reputation... Does that make sense? How could he possibly profit from it you just think they're going to handover the Nobel Prize because he says something is working with no proof, or he's just going to get boatloads of money when the patients aren't actually recovering. Retarded!
    I'd love to talk with you, James. A lot of people are very interested in this work & as i said above, my issue is that I just don't know HOW to make a judgment on it. We've been screwed with quite a bit, right? We shouldn't have to read tea leaves.

Wanted to make sure it gets said here that I spent the better part of last year writing a book that's meant to be a big-picture thing. It's my best effort to show exactly how a working spinal cord goes about its business, what the strategies are to fix a broken one, where the funding comes from to do that, what really motivates the great majority of scientists in the field, how the regulatory process works, and most importantly what we can do about this mess.

Because I'm convinced that we can push this thing a lot harder and more effectively. And I know there will be treatments -- it's partly up to us how soon that happens.

The Reeve people were kind enough to underwrite the project & are shipping it for free to anybody who wants a copy. OR you can get the digital version instantly, so go here if you want one. Full disclosure, I'm not getting royalties or anything like that! (I wish. )

Thank you Kate! I cannot wait to read all of the book. Fantastic work!

Thanks Kate, you do a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by kate View Post
    I'd love to talk with you, James. A lot of people are very interested in this work & as i said above, my issue is that I just don't know HOW to make a judgment on it. We've been screwed with quite a bit, right? We shouldn't have to read tea leaves.

Wanted to make sure it gets said here that I spent the better part of last year writing a book that's meant to be a big-picture thing. It's my best effort to show exactly how a working spinal cord goes about its business, what the strategies are to fix a broken one, where the funding comes from to do that, what really motivates the great majority of scientists in the field, how the regulatory process works, and most importantly what we can do about this mess.

Because I'm convinced that we can push this thing a lot harder and more effectively. And I know there will be treatments -- it's partly up to us how soon that happens.

The Reeve people were kind enough to underwrite the project & are shipping it for free to anybody who wants a copy. OR you can get the digital version instantly, so go here if you want one. Full disclosure, I'm not getting royalties or anything like that! (I wish. )
    If I understand it right you're afraid that results are made up/cheated? I have little experience of companies scamming in this way so it would be interesting to get your view on it. Aren't there to much legit people involved with this company? A short investigation gives a quite impressive impression with people with very nice CVs. Has this been the case with non-legit companies?
    Debating on CareCure is like participating in the special-olympics. You may win, but you're still disabled.