Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My dad passed away today 7/7/15 at age 90.

My dad passed away today 7/7/15 at age 90.

John Louis ?Jack? Healy, 90, a lifelong Stamford resident and business owner, died July 7, 2015, at Sunrise Senior Living in Stamford.
    He was born Oct. 10, 1924, in Stamford, the son of the late John A. and Elvira Paganetti Healy.
    Growing up in the city?s Glenbrook neighborhood, he attended Stark and Burdick schools and was a member of the Stamford High School Class of 1942. After graduation, he enlisted in the Army Air Corps. He served in the China-Burma-India Theater during World War II, earning the rank of staff sergeant.
    After the war, Jack attended the University of Connecticut on the GI Bill and received a B.S. degree in industrial administration.
    On a post-grad trip to Texas with his college roommate, he met Mary Ann Beniek of Little Falls, Minn. They were married in Dallas in 1951 and settled in Stamford where they raised their six children.
    For many years, Jack owned and operated the Healy Hauling & Rigging Co. in Stamford.,
    Jack and Mary Ann enjoyed ballroom dancing at the former Terrace Club in Stamford and were members of the former Scofield?s Beach Club in Shippan. Jack also was a regular at Hubbard Heights Golf Course. He and his friends met almost daily at Beldotti?s Bakery in Stamford for morning coffee.
    Jack was predeceased by his wife of 63 years, Mary Ann Healy.
    He is survived by five sons: Roger (Marilyn) of Fairfield, Peter of Stamford, Thomas (Karen) of New Canaan, Todd of Stamford and John (Kristin) of Ridgefield; a daughter, Sally Ann Healy of Stamford; 10 grandchildren and a great-grandson.
    Funeral arrangements by Thomas Gallagher Funeral Home are pending.

Thinking of you, Peter.

Sending caring thoughts at this difficult time.

Take care,
    Mystery

So sorry for your loss, Peter.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

So sorry peter
    T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009

Peter, my condolences.

Your dad was part of the greatest generation. We continue to lose our World War II vets at an astonishing rate. They are a vanishing breed.

My Dad is 90. He also served in the Army Air Corps.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

No matter how old they are, it is hard to loose a parent. I miss my dad still so much (he died in 2008 at age 86). He was also a staff sgt. in the Army Air Corps, but served mostly in Europe. Remember the good times with your dad, and all that he did for you over the years.

(KLD)

My condolences Peter. Your dad sounded like he had a great life with great family. Yes another of the WWII is gone. May their memory live in our hearts forever and in the hearts of those we pass their memories on to.

Condolences for your loss Peter. Your father sounds like a good man with a good family.
    Peace be with you.

So sorry Peter. Sounds like he lived quite a full life.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

There's never enough time to be with our loved ones.
    My uncle also spent time in Burma during WW2 and after he passed I saw photos he took there. I have nothing but respect for those who served there.