Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: TiLite TR3 Fabrication Progress Pics

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    They won't provide that design anymore -
    Major bummer that means I'm still going anti-tipless when I separate from my ZX-1 with a low rear STF height. I'd hoped a new TR3 with slide-within-the-frame anti-tipper design would allow me to use my ZX1 more. Tilite just lost a TR3 sale.

Quote Originally Posted by webfoot View Post
    Major bummer that means I'm still going anti-tipless when I separate from my ZX-1 with a low rear STF height. I'd hoped a new TR3 with slide-within-the-frame anti-tipper design would allow me to use my ZX1 more. Tilite just lost a TR3 sale.
    News that Tilite will no longer provide that design is 3rd party hearsay and hot off the presses. TiLite may yet offer an alternate design that's as robust. I'm eager to see a drawing/pic of their proposed solution. I'll be sure to post more when I learn more.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    Time for a new signature Chas "I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I don't think you realize that what you heard is not what I meant, because all of your documentation that I based my decisions on says otherwise."
    lol
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

You will sort this all out Chas. And I think that TiLite will do right by you. I think I may have gotten it wrong by thinking it was the cutt-off lower tube, and probably is a bigger redesign than I realised with the dual camber tube. Still, I hope they are on this, and find you a good solution. We are Firefly users and also interested in your dual camber design, as many more probably will be with manual and power handbikes. It seems like a marketing opportunity for TiLite if they can nail this.

Although we are not in need of a new chair soon, much like webfoot we also have the problem with the ZX-1 power add-on that we also have and the anti-tip brackets being in the way. We are making do, but are considering a TR in the future, though quite frankly, I'm a bit scared with a chair with limited adjustment. That is because of my lack of confidence in knowledge and my husband's somewhat changing needs. But I do know of others who are looking for anti-tip solutions with the ZX-1, and sorting this out might be worth TiLite's efforts also.

Best of luck, and I do hope you get a good workable solution.
    Last edited by elarson; 09-24-2015 at 10:21 PM.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Blog Entries
    Well said elarson. BTW, thanks for going the extra mile and sharing your ZX-1 experiences with Pat's wonderful invention. The generosity of the people on these forums is exceptional. Cheers!

And you too webfoot. That's what it is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by webfoot View Post
    Well said elarson. BTW, thanks for going the extra mile and sharing your ZX-1 experiences with Pat's wonderful invention. The generosity of the people on these forums is exceptional. Cheers!
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

The problem is with the anti tip design period, right? Not the anti tip design of YOUR chair? (I think thats where elarson got confused, thinking this was a design flaw with your chair specifically but sounds as if they're no longer going to do the design period, hearsay wise anyway)
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Recap:

Even though others may benefit from all this, my focus must and will remain only on my needs. Tilite has the opportunity to develop something that will serve others, too; they may or may not. I presume they are reading this thread, and will act as they deem appropriate.

My anti-tipper needs include the ability 1) to swivel (I bend the brackets of standard, two-arm anti-tippers), 2) allow wheelies, and 3) be adjustable in two dimensions to track with the front axle while leaving the rear axle in place. Because their published design (i.e., SSCA QR slide-within-the-frame) met those needs, I was pleased and content . . .

. . . until I received the chair: the anti-tipper design that arrived on my chair not only differed drastically from what they publish and from the CAD I approved, but also had neither the functionality nor adjustability of what they publish, and it is not safe for me.

I've been searching the web for any kind of anti-tipper that will work for me; the closest I have found is on TopEnd's Twirl, which I can no longer find on Invcare's site, but pics of it are still on the web.

I currently do not have any type of battery powered assist (e.g., ZX-1, SmartDrive, eMotions), nor do I want any. Until/when me abilities change, we'll (VA and I) will rethink this whole mobility thing.

I eagerly but patiently await receipt of Tilite's proposed redesign. Right now my wonderful new TR3 is useless to me; therefore, VA has possession of it.
    Last edited by chasmengr; 09-25-2015 at 09:06 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    The problem is with the anti tip design period, right? Not the anti tip design of YOUR chair? . . .
    both: Tilite now claims their published design is faulty, and the unpublished design they provided on my chair is faulty, too.
    Last edited by chasmengr; 09-25-2015 at 09:05 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

~Lin: I just noted on my previous post that I was wrong about the lower tube being too short. I hope I did not add confusion to an already complicated situation.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    The problem is with the anti tip design period, right? Not the anti tip design of YOUR chair? (I think thats where elarson got confused, thinking this was a design flaw with your chair specifically