Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: TiLite TR3 Fabrication Progress Pics

Exactly!!

I'm still waiting to hear the status of my TR . . . VA instructed me not to contact TiLite directly about it.

Politics . . . red tape . . . bureaucracy . . .

My AeroZ stills serves me okay; I'm struggling to remain patient, though.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

ah well heres hoping they sort it soon seems awhile since you gave it back, atleast there is an option to try add something like that chair has in the picture if you cant get it welded

Chas, I can imagine that you are struggling to remain patient. Has the VA made contact with you to let you know they are actively working on it?
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

VA called today; as suspected it's an internal TiLite issue. Tilite has realized their published TR slide-within-the-frame anti-tipper design is faulty - a strength issue of some sort (and I thought titanium was bullet proof). They won't provide that design anymore -- VA and I agree Tilite needs to change their published documentation.

Anyway, TiLite has offered to provide a different design of an adjustable anti-tipper. At my request VA is requesting Tilite provide a picture/drawing of their proposed design for me.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

I can imagine that this has resulted in some serious scrums at TiLite. It's better you/they caught it now though, regardless of the delay. Yes, you definitely need the full design specs/drawing of the proposed design. If possible, see if you can get them to give it an extended warranty since you will be on the hopefully *not* bleeding edge of the new design. I think that is the least they can do considering all that you have done with providing them so much information. Hopefully it will also help if you can be in contact with them directly about it.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

I think velcro strips would help a little with vibration dampening and protect the frame also.

Quote Originally Posted by rAdGie View Post
    i would still put something under the seat pan to cushion it against the frame, even if the velco isnt needed that much it will help protect the frame whilst helping keep it in place, also i duno if its just me but i would want to round those corners off :P

I have some Velcro strips; they'll likely get put on.

I'd sure like to have been a fly on the wall at Tilite during discussions. I wonder what they'll propose . . .
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

[Edit: I was wrong about what I wrote below with the lower tube being too short]

Going back to post #50 I'm still wondering if the problem with the strength issue is that the lower tube was cut off and it can no longer accommodate the quick release clamp and sleeve. Have they given any indication what the structural issue is? I would hate to think it is because an error was made with cutting the lower tube that you will need to deal with a less than standard configuration. Even if you don't post it publicly, I think you deserve an explanation so that you can know if you trust that what ever solution is provided is the best solution, and not just jerry-rigging a mistake.

I've got to believe that any solution with through pins would be very fiddly to get at, and you risk loosing them. Not to mention the added weight, fastners, etc., with "YAB" (yet another bracket), which was your whole point in going to a TR.

i don't mean to be putting oil on the fire, but I just went to look at Rob's TGX, and the High Mount Titanium Hangers do not look all that different than the drawing for the Quick-Release Titanium 5th Wheel, except they are on the vertical. On the 2GX they need about 3 cm of tube to be seated properly. It looks like that was lost when they cut the lower tube off, and with the weld it probably wouldn't fit. I just don't buy it that this was a strength issue of some sort. If it is, that would mean that probably our 2GX hangers are not strong enough either!
    Last edited by elarson; 09-26-2015 at 06:17 AM.

Yes, I am very curious also. The longer this is taking, the more the rest of us also want to know what they are going to do to right this situation. You have been more than patient after over a month and a half!!!

I hope TiLite is taking appropriate actions. I'm sure that it is not their intent, but I think most of us can deal with a mistake better than we can deal with the hassles of not being forthcoming with straightforward with responses and solutions. And if they don't have a solution, it's better they just tell you, and at least you can make a decision about what you do next. There is no harm done in that, and I think most of their customer base would respect them for that.

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    I'd sure like to have been a fly on the wall at Tilite during discussions. I wonder what they'll propose . . .
    Last edited by elarson; 09-24-2015 at 08:06 AM. Reason: trying to be diplomatic, but not succeeding so well

Time for a new signature Chas "I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I don't think you realize that what you heard is not what I meant, because all of your documentation that I based my decisions on says otherwise."