Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: TiLite TR3 Fabrication Progress Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    I dunno about finishing the assembly, that sounds like a good excuse to argue it's functional as is, especially if you ride it in. Don't you think if they were inclined to send it back they wouldn't want it modified by you before hand? Whether or not it has a seat or back doesn't have anything to do with the issues at hand. Seems weird to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    I agree. Be careful it looks like you are being set up to accept the chair as-is. The way they built it off CAD can be argued a safety concern both for the axle and the antitipper.
    I don't consider it safe. I'm thinking I'll ride my AeroZ in with the TR in tow. I'll occupy it only in the presence of the PT. I've been staring at it, and cannot get comfortable; my AeroZ invites me to sit in it.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by sowseng View Post
    You change to primo passage tire? I love that tire too.

The black bracket design seems too bulky.
    Primo is TiLite's NoCharge 559 tire. I plan to use my MagicWheels with Schwalbe MPE on the TR. The Shadow wheels with Primo tires will be my backup wheel set.

The rear axle installs with amputee adapters, which are available only in black; I expected them. What I didn't expect (and doesn't conform with TiLite's CAD) is the black antitip receivers mounted to the amputee adapters.
    Last edited by chasmengr; 08-06-2015 at 10:42 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Good idea of riding your Aero in Chas.. Will show how inefficient the Tr is for you.

Yes, I don't like the antitip receivers mounting too, they should have made the antitip receivers mounting exactly like what you drew. Your idea looks so much better.
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Good idea of riding your Aero in Chas.. Will show how inefficient the Tr is for you.
    Thanks. I just don't feel safe in the TR - I already changed the front axle position, and I could not adjust the antitip to match. Very few things on the TR are adjustable - axle position is one, and now I cannot track the axle with the antitip making the axle position fixed. That's why I'm not riding it.

Yes, I don't like the antitip receivers mounting too, they should have made the antitip receivers mounting exactly like what you drew. Your idea looks so much better.
    What I drew is actually TiLite's design. They did not build to their own design . . .

I think I'll have the TiLite rep ride the TR before I do, and see if he feels safe . . .
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

you mean you know the antitip receivers mount to the bracket?

you mean you know the antitip receivers mount to the bracket?
    Yes, fixing its position relative to the rear axle.

Name:  TR SSCA Receiver Position.JPG
Views: 401
Size:  89.3 KB

Approved CAD shows it mounting here into a longer lower tube (which has been cut off), and the users manual explicitly states it will slide in and out:

Name:  TR SSCA CAD mounting position.JPG
Views: 394
Size:  87.6 KB

Name:  TR User Manual - QR SSCA.JPG
Views: 399
Size:  99.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by chasmengr; 08-07-2015 at 01:06 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Even if TiLite remakes the frame, this pan will still work. No Velcro; it just sits in place nicely. The side guards hold it down; even though side guards are the removable style, I wedged them in pretty good to keep them from flexing and rubbing the tires (1/2" tire spacing).

My aluminum seatpan:

Name:  1-20150807_141106.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  203.5 KB

The chair fits perfectly I'm just afraid to use it anywhere but my living room.

Even TiLte's eStore shows the parts I thought I was getting:

Name:  TiLite QR TR3 SSCA.JPG
Views: 379
Size:  103.3 KB
    Last edited by chasmengr; 08-07-2015 at 05:36 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

i would still put something under the seat pan to cushion it against the frame, even if the velco isnt needed that much it will help protect the frame whilst helping keep it in place, also i duno if its just me but i would want to round those corners off :P

Name:  chasmengrTR308a.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  342.9 KB

Wonder how strong is the plate can bear your weight?