Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: TiLite TR3 Fabrication Progress Pics

I don't like the black bracket stuff, not a good design, prefer yours drawing idea.
    Last edited by sowseng; 08-06-2015 at 12:18 AM.
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

They even got me the mixed-color anodizing (DU100073) for which I asked
    So your chair is Red, white and blue? Would have loved to have seen it.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    Then management came up with a Rube Goldberg fix, and shipped it hoping it would pass.
    Rube Goldberg fix. Oh, that's funny! Seriously, I can't imagine how TiLite would fix this without some half-ass welding solution (or a new frame). They would probably have to take those caps off your tubes and add enough tubing to the end to meet your spec then sleeve a larger diameter section over that joining and weld the sleeve at both ends. They do this for modified car axles and driveshafts to get enough strength. Geez, you have some patience to your credit.

VA is not in favor of making a new frame. TiLite rep will be in town next Wednesday - VA has scheduled an appointment for us, and has requested I assemble the chair to a useable condition for that meeting. So I ordered the seat pan, and am working on assembly - pics soon.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    So your chair is Red, white and blue? Would have loved to have seen it.
    I'm a USCG vet, thus the color scheme - mainly white with some red and blue (and black):

Name:  Coast_Guardsmen_aboard_U.S_Coast_Guard_Cutter_Monomoy_(WPB_1326).jpg
Views: 362
Size:  225.0 KB
    Name:  3-20150806_093558.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  202.6 KBName:  4-20150806_140952.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  203.5 KBName:  5-20150806_161001.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  156.1 KB
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Blog Entries
    Must be a publicity photo of the 1326, with everyone swabbing and painting...

You can really see on photo #3 how badly they screwed up...
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Color...if you really want people to notice and actually say something, should have gotten PINK. I GUARANTEE you will have practically anyone you interface with saying something. And that is not only the first time they see it. They will continually have something to say.

Blog Entries
    I dunno about finishing the assembly, that sounds like a good excuse to argue it's functional as is, especially if you ride it in. Don't you think if they were inclined to send it back they wouldn't want it modified by you before hand? Whether or not it has a seat or back doesn't have anything to do with the issues at hand. Seems weird to me.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    I dunno about finishing the assembly, that sounds like a good excuse to argue it's functional as is, especially if you ride it in. Don't you think if they were inclined to send it back they wouldn't want it modified by you before hand? Whether or not it has a seat or back doesn't have anything to do with the issues at hand. Seems weird to me.
    I agree. Be careful it looks like you are being set up to accept the chair as-is. The way they built it off CAD can be argued a safety concern both for the axle and the antitipper.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

You change to primo passage tire? I love that tire too.

The black bracket design seems too bulky.
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.