Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: TiLite TR3 Fabrication Progress Pics

That's a bummer. Kinda wish they'd sent you more pics so that this could have been spotted this before it went out the door.
    Last edited by stephen212; 08-03-2015 at 06:50 PM.

Me, too. The pics I did get showed consistency with the CAD.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Can't wait to see your unique design.
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    That's a bummer. Kinda wish they'd sent you more pics so that this could have been spotted this before it went out the door.
    Indeed. Also wondering why they would bother to use CAD based approval process if the fabricators don't follow it. Seems like doing so would be a core competency of their business. Shit happens, I guess?!
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Blog Entries
    Dang - I was jazzed to see it.

I unpacked TR and took some pics. Here's the issue (pics in Album): per TiLite's CAD and current User Manual, antitip is mounted into lower frame tubes as shown in my concept CAD (and is confirmed in pics of chair in fabrication at TiLite). This mounting allows in&out horizontal adjustment to track the position of the front axle.

Sometime after the fabrication pics were taken, the lower frame tubes were cut off and plugged, and the antitipper was attached directly to the rear axle; tracking the position of the front axle is now impossible.
    Last edited by chasmengr; 08-05-2015 at 01:07 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Update: VA is arranging a meeting among TiLite's Rep, VA PT, and me for the next time the rep's in town (about 1-2 weeks)
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by webfoot View Post
    Dang - I was jazzed to see it.
    And I was jazzed to use it. The National Veterans' Golden Age Games are in town next week; I was hoping to show it off, too

It's disappointing not to get what what I was expecting, but this will be my chair for a very long time, and I'm working hard not to compromise. VA is being super cooperative about it all They even got me the mixed-color anodizing (DU100073) for which I asked (and fendered CF side guards).

And, in all honesty, TiLite seems to have correctly fabricated every other complex special request I made (several, like double-axle non-conflict and wheel spacing, have not been verified yet). We'll verify everything in a few weeks.
    Last edited by chasmengr; 08-05-2015 at 04:20 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    I unpacked TR and took some pics. Here's the issue (pics in Album): per TiLite's CAD and current User Manual, antitip is mounted into lower frame tubes as shown in my concept CAD (and is confirmed in pics of chair in fabrication at TiLite). This mounting allows in&out horizontal adjustment to track the position of the front axle.

Sometime after the fabrication pics were taken, the lower frame tubes were cut off and plugged, and the antitipper was attached directly to the rear axle; tracking the position of the front axle is now impossible.
    It's not just the antitipper question. When they cut the lower tubes off, they screwed up the mounting for the rear axle tube. You had it designed to be supported by the main structure, but it's gone now. So they have that black attachment thing hooked on. It looks more like an afterthought, something I'd jerryrig up. For all your hard work, you deserve better. You shouldn't need to meet with them. They should just deliver your correct new chair in two weeks.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    It's not just the antitipper question. When they cut the lower tubes off, they screwed up the mounting for the rear axle tube. You had it designed to be supported by the main structure, but it's gone now. So they have that black attachment thing hooked on. It looks more like an afterthought, something I'd jerryrig up. For all your hard work, you deserve better. You shouldn't need to meet with them. They should just deliver your correct new chair in two weeks.
    I hear you, but I'm not the customer; VA is. VA has bent over backwards to help me get the chair I want, but they did not design it; therefore don't understand its intricacies. Before they make TiLite "toe the line," they just want to truly understand the issue and see if it can be handled in the field (without making a new frame). I fully understand their desire, and I believe the 1-2 week timeline is super quick. And the rep might have a solution of which I'm not aware. After all, requesting an entirely new frame is no minor issue. If the rep agrees with me, having him onboard will be invaluable.

I'm supremely thankful I'm not under Medicare (which I would be were I not a vet), Medicare issues a chair only when a person needs it inside the home. To avoid atrophying my legs, I walk inside as much as I can. Without a good chair, I'd be home bound, but still able to do my ADLs (Medicare rules). With the VA's help, I have a life

I can imagine, too, a scenario in which some TiLite employee unknowingly cut off the lower tubes not being fully aware of the design intent. Then management came up with a Rube Goldberg fix, and shipped it hoping it would pass.
    Last edited by chasmengr; 08-06-2015 at 12:03 AM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>