Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: TiLite TR3 Fabrication Progress Pics

Blog Entries
    Kudos to chasmengr & Tilite for sharing the process. Interesting project that should solve a problem I've had with my dragonfly spinning out when used on chairs with COG of 4".

TiLite tells me my chair's fabrication will be completed by the end of this week !!!
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Blog Entries
    Looking forward to seeing the finished project. Thanks again for sharing!

PT called this morning - my chair is in town at the VA!!

VA is currently arranging delivery to my house as is (still in the box). Chief of VA Prosthetics wanted to deliver it to their DMEs for assembly, but after I explained the intricacies of the design/fabrication features that required verification prior to acceptance of the chair, he agreed to deliver it directly to me. Chief told me to let him know if it's not built correctly.

I'm so excited - I sure hope it's built correctly. I'd hate to have to send it back . . .

Timeline:
    Wheelchair clinic = 03FEB15
    Wheelchair delivery = ~03AUG15
    days elapsed ~180 (six months) Hopefully worth the wait.

Substantial time was consumed getting the CAD correct:
    initial CAD receipt = 19MAR
    final CAD sign off (of 3rd CAD) = 08MAY
    Last edited by chasmengr; 07-31-2015 at 12:54 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Can't wait to hear more. Hope they are quick about delivery.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Delivery to my house was just scheduled for Monday, Aug 3, at 1330.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Fingers crossed..... Can't wait to see it!

It's here, and sadly it's not right; TiLite did not build it according to the CAD I approved. More later . . .
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    It's here, and sadly it's not right; TiLite did not build it according to the CAD I approved. More later . . .
    They can make it right to your satisfaction then. Peeps are watching.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

I'm packing it back up now. The dimensions are right, but the antitipper is mounted way differently than the CAD shows. The way they mounted it thwarts its adjustability, which is critical to me.

It's packed . . .
    Last edited by chasmengr; 08-03-2015 at 03:45 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>