Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: TiLite TR3 Fabrication Progress Pics

Got my TR3 recently and it took 4 months from seating clinic to receiving the chair. Then I sent it back and made them build me another frame that was done right, which took another month. I'm now in the process of deciding on whether I will need a third frame built, or if I can work out the current issues myself. I'll be starting a thread soon with pics and will go into more detail. T8burst - hopefully you will have better luck than me...but I wouldn't count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad09 View Post
    Got my TR3 recently and it took 4 months from seating clinic to receiving the chair. Then I sent it back and made them build me another frame that was done right, which took another month. I'm now in the process of deciding on whether I will need a third frame built, or if I can work out the current issues myself. I'll be starting a thread soon with pics and will go into more detail. T8burst - hopefully you will have better luck than me...but I wouldn't count on it.
    That's frustrating! Did the frame you received deviate from the CAD drawing?

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    That's frustrating! Did the frame you received deviate from the CAD drawing?
    Yea, that's after going through three or four CAD drawings until they got them right. Then the first frame they sent had the crossbar under the seat at 15" from the back rest, the CAD drawing said 10"...not even close, and the caster pin width was off by an inch as well. The second frame has one of my casters floating 1/8" off the ground, and the backrest folds down at a slight angle pushing into/scratching my left carbon side guard. Not sure if those things are enough to justify a third frame but I'm gonna ask just in case. I'm tired of dealing with Tilite at this point, so I may just see if I can put a spacer on the top of the fork and adjust my side guards to be good enough.

Wow, that is really diffent than the experience I had 5 years ago when I got my Zra. To be honest I have hit my out of pocket max on my co-pay and am happy w/ my Icon, I just need a chair with an axle for when I use my ZX1 so am in no great rush. Props to the Icon design it was impossible for TiLite to match the RSH of my Icon unless I was willing to go down to 24 inch wheels. But insurance is going to pop for a new chair (and Smartdrive MX2) so why not?

Tangentially, I have heard of people attaching SmartDrives to Icons, is that a handmade thing or is it supported by Icon?

Yea, that's after going through three or four CAD drawings until they got them right. Then the first frame they sent had the crossbar under the seat at 15" from the back rest, the CAD drawing said 10"...not even close, and the caster pin width was off by an inch as well. The second frame has one of my casters floating 1/8" off the ground, and the backrest folds down at a slight angle pushing into/scratching my left carbon side guard. Not sure if those things are enough to justify a third frame but I'm gonna ask just in case. I'm tired of dealing with Tilite at this point, so I may just see if I can put a spacer on the top of the fork and adjust my side guards to be good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Tangentially, I have heard of people attaching SmartDrives to Icons, is that a handmade thing or is it supported by Icon?
    Grommet has an SD on his Icon...I'm pretty sure he got the adaptor from MaxMobility (the SD manufacturer). Photos are in post 405 in this thread: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...ive+icon+photo
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Cad review tilite tra

Last edited by JOTTY88; 03-24-2016 at 12:52 PM.

Jotty
    Ecuadorian, athlete. T5 T4 paraplegic spinal cord injury since Dec 2013

What colors/finishes, Jotty?
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

I met with PT and TiLite rep yesterday. I left with the impression a solution to my anti-tip situation may yet be available through TiLite. I have an out-of-pocket solution with TiLite parts; I just feel TiLite should deliver the features/parts they promised (through signed-off CAD), and I'm just waiting for them to send me the appropriate parts instead of buying them myself (about $200US).
    Last edited by chasmengr; 03-25-2016 at 12:42 AM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Thanks for the update. TiLite definitely should be delivering the features/parts they promised. This has taken a ridiculously long time to sort out and give you straight answers about. I sure hope they respond to you quickly, and hopefully with a workable solution. If they can't do it, they should also respond quickly, and give reimbursement so you can do your own solution.

BTW, I took a picture of a dance ZRA or AeroZ (not sure) I saw recently here in Holland with a single anti-tip. I kind of think it is the standard one, but let me know if you want me to post a photo of it.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

We will see, mine will be delivered 4/18 which is about 6 weeks from being ordered.