Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: TiLite TR3 Fabrication Progress Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Dickie_Lad View Post
    I agree it's the dealer rather Tilite. I would have liked a drawing and should have pushed for one. But I'm British (for my sins) and we don't like making a fuss! It's wasn't a deal breaker because I'm reasonably confident of my measurements and I got a good idea of what it'll look like from looking at similar chair CADs on CCC. The order form I signed off on just listed the vital measurements. I don't know whether the dealer had to sign off on a CAD? I was a bit ignorant of the process as this is first bespoke chair I've purchased.
    DMEs have been known to order differently than instructed by their client. Seeing/approving the manufacturer's CAD gives the end user a chance to review/fix what the DMEs actually ordered before the chair is fabricated. For chair frames built/assembled from prefabricated, off-the-shelf parts, CAD is super overkill. But TiLite makes the entire chair frame from scratch based specifically off the CAD. Not signing off on a TiLite CAD leaves you at the mercy of the DMEs' decisions, and with no recourse with TiLite to fix mistakes made by the DMEs

Sorry to say, but there it is. Hope all goes well.

My TR is far too bespoke to not see a CAD; yours is simpler, and should be fine.
    Last edited by chasmengr; 11-11-2015 at 02:17 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    Exactly! Thanks.
    Why can't Tilite do the same for you?
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by sowseng View Post
    Why can't Tilite do the same for you?
    When I said "exactly," I meant the concept is right. The details of connecting to my double axle make it a bit trickier. Plus whatever they provide for me may set a precedent, so I imagine they're being extra careful.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

When I said "exactly," I meant the concept is right. The details of connecting to my double axle make it a bit trickier. Plus whatever they provide for me may set a precedent, so I imagine they're being extra careful.
    Add a ZRA axle bracket.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    Add a ZRA axle bracket.
    Yep! That's exactly what I suggested to them in my response. An excerpt of my response:

" . . . What do TiLite engineers think about mounting four modified ZR1 receivers (CP103180(1); two on each cambertube) so the anti-tipper slides fore and aft through them?

"The fore/aft position can be held with shaft collars aft the rear cambertube receivers and bicycle quick release clamps forward of the front cambertube receivers. With this configuration, the anti-tipper position would be quick release and adjustable like the published design. (The rear cambertube receivers might need to be mounted in reverse (i.e., long end pointing forward) to achieve the originally ordered 14" aft the front cambertube throughout its CoG adjustment range.) . . ."
    Last edited by chasmengr; 11-12-2015 at 01:02 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Sorry to say, but there it is. Hope all goes well.
    Thankyou. And I understand what you say, and you are right, I should have pushed for a CAD.

Getting back on topic?

I re-read from the beginning of your OP. It was such a shame Tilite cutting off the longer bottom tubes for your bespoke anti-tip arrangement. The photo of the two side frames clearly show the longer bottom tubes. On the bright side I REALLY REALLY LIKE the side guards, they?re very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by webfoot View Post
    Major bummer that means I'm still going anti-tipless when I separate from my ZX-1 with a low rear STF height. I'd hoped a new TR3 with slide-within-the-frame anti-tipper design would allow me to use my ZX1 more. Tilite just lost a TR3 sale.
    News that Tilite will no longer provide that design is 3rd party hearsay and hot off the presses. TiLite may yet offer an alternate design that's as robust. I'm eager to see a drawing/pic of their proposed solution. I'll be sure to post more when I learn more.
    FYI: TiLite has removed mention of TIP3 & TIP4 (the fifth wheel anti-tippers) from their Options Brochure.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by Dickie_Lad View Post
    I REALLY REALLY LIKE the side guards, they?re very cool!
    Thanks! I hope to be using them someday . . .
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Today I took possession of my new TR3. VA says TiLite refuses to provide my chair with the published connection design for the fifth wheel anti-tip (FWAT), and (because it's not medically necessary) the VA accepts TiLite's decision

I am very thankful the VA has provided me such a custom chair. TiLite is fabricating a longer FWAT, which will help. I'm really anxious to try out the Dragonfly on the rear axle, but I must wait until the new anti-tip arrives, and until I have a few days free to apply helicopter-tape frame protection and move over some accessories from my AeroZ.

Apparently TiFit and DesignsUnlimited do have limits, and I found one

We (VA and I) still don't know why TiLite won't provide their own CAD design. VA's PT and I speculated several possibilities, but the bottom line is TiLite will neither provide it on my TR nor explain why not.

I now know my next chair challenge . . .

PS: actually I'm pretty bummed; I'd really hoped to be completely done with wheelchair challenges . . .
    Last edited by chasmengr; 11-19-2015 at 11:19 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

So do I take from this that you think that the compromise solution is safe, or that you can make it safe?

FWIW, I truly believe that the ONLY reason my new chair (a Melrose Piranha) works for me so beautifully is that I had the luxury of speaking to the engineer who actually built the thing, both before and during construction. TiLite doesn't seem to permit that, under any circumstances.