Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: TiLite TR3 Fabrication Progress Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Donno View Post
    Must be a publicity photo of the 1326, with everyone swabbing and painting....
    lol (belatedly), I agree
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Yep. #68 clearly states MINIMIZE NUMBER OF FASTENERS. Not increase. Find initial literature Tilite was using about 2 years ago. I do not have it. You would see what was said. My TR3 is just short of 2 years old. No, I did not redesign the frame or any other part. Have NEVER had an issue with the thing. It sounds here like trying to make Tilite responsible for add-ons as well as their own. I won't get into who pays for all of this.

And swivel able ant-tippers are probably dangerous as hell. The small wheel and ability to move even complicates safety more. The TR3 I have, I can TIP IT OVER FORWARD! All I need to do is transfer my body weight on seat far enough past a "center point" and grab something while sitting there thinking all ok. If those front wheels are in position as if I was pushing forward, if will be a f^cking instant catapult right out of the chair. I don't use anti tippers, but I bet $1 million EXACT same can happen with anti tippers. And position of anti tippers you cannot even see if facing forward or backward if swivel. And that catapult happens so fast, there is no way to stop it. Get on a chair and actually tip it over.

rlmtrhmiles, we're all different; my needs are obviously very different from yours, thus TiFit.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Your chair tips forward because of the way you designed it. Every chair is designed differently.

When adding a lot of parts and weight, it makes it even MORE important for the base to be as stable and lightweight as possible. I honestly do not understand why or how anyone can ask why choose a super light rigid model to add parts to. Do you honestly think it makes more sense to choose a heavy, flexing chair to add parts to?
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Email from Tilite rep today: "I will hopefully have a drawing of the anti tip this week."
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Any updates? I hope the new drawing was acceptable. It sure seems to be taking a long time...

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    Email from Tilite rep today: "I will hopefully have a drawing of the anti tip this week."
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

TiLite welding

I have to admit that I'm really impressed at the welds on all of my TiSport and TiLite 'chairs. Those welds are very impressive! Polished and then they give the 'chair a nice bead blast. Excellent quality and very consciousness to detail. Also, made in the USA!

Excellent craftsmanship to the men and women who work for TiLite. Excellent job people!

Thanks!

Ti
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

TiLite finally sent the VA and me a CAD of their proposed 5th wheel Antitipper design for my TR3. I've drafted a response, but need to let it percolate my brain before sending it.

PS: sent it. Design not acceptable. I suggested a specific design using off-the-shelf parts: receiver, shaft collar, quick release
    Last edited by chasmengr; 11-09-2015 at 10:26 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Hi Chasmengr
    I'm new to this forum so sorry if I'm late to the party, but I'm amazed (in a good way) at what a in-depth well thought out design of chair Tilite and your self are building. Are you a 'special' customer to get that level of service? My Tilite dealer wouldn't even give me a CAD drawing to sign off on! I worked my way trough the Ezi-Fit online process as best I could, printed out the result and gave him a copy. Regarding a CAD drawing I trawled the CAD depository on this website and saw one or two drawings similar to my specs and they looked alright so I paid me deposit and am currently waiting for the chair. It's an adjustable chair so providing it roughly fits I should be able to tweak it to suit me. But I wasn't particularly happy with the dealer but they are the only the only dealer in my area.

Re the photos of your build process they were great! Did you visit the factory and take the photos or did Tilite? Re the welding bench piccy, is the flexible tube plugged into the frame tube to circulate some special gas to aid the welding process?

Also thanks for explaining the reason for the rear camber tube to the other guy, I couldn't figure that out either!