Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: TiLite TR3 Fabrication Progress Pics

Quote Originally Posted by sowseng View Post
    Wonder how strong is the plate can bear your weight?
    I'll find out won't I. It's TiLite's standard design for amputee adapters.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by rAdGie View Post
    i would still put something under the seat pan to cushion it against the frame, even if the velco isnt needed that much it will help protect the frame whilst helping keep it in place, also i duno if its just me but i would want to round those corners off :P
    I'm not concerned about protecting that part of the frame. I have a roll of helicopter tape I'll apply to exposed parts of my final chair. The corners of the seatpan are 'eased"; I'll leave them for now, and see how they work out.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Your chair looks really awesome and I hope they get it sorted relatively soon. I feel like this is a silly question (or maybe one you've answered already?), but I was wondering what the second axle was for or how you intend on using it.

How thick is your seat pan? It look quite thick.
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by betazoidgal View Post
    Your chair looks really awesome and I hope they get it sorted relatively soon. I feel like this is a silly question (or maybe one you've answered already?), but I was wondering what the second axle was for or how you intend on using it.
    Thanks!! I have a Rio Mobility Dragonfly; it has very poor traction with wheels in the normal position. I plan to move my wheels to the rear axle when using the Dragonfly to achieve much better traction.

Quote Originally Posted by sowseng View Post
    How thick is your seat pan? It look quite thick.
    ah oops, you caught me . . . I should have ordered thinner; When I measured the thickness of my existing pan, I forgot it was coated, and ordered 3/16" instead of 1/8". It's a bit heavy (about 5#). But it was free
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

The chair is beautiful. Well done on all the design and the styling.

I think you are being incredibly patient Chas, and I applaud you for it. I agree, it could have just been a last minute mistake, and better to give them a chance to respond. Whatever you do, don't let anyone back down from getting the chair you designed and signed off on.

Just as a note, should you ever want to consider a ZX-1 power add-on, it would probably be impossible with that added bracket.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

good luck today Chas!
    --------------------------------
    TiLite Aero Z since 10/2014
    I have Dysautonomia which results in the inability to stand or walk for more than a couple of minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by k4olin View Post
    good luck today Chas!
    Thanks.

You scared me - I had to run check my calendar - my meeting is tomorrow . . whew
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

The meeting went well. The TiLite engineer who is responsible for final sign off of all fabrication was in a meeting, so no official decision exists yet, but the rep with whom I met acknowledges the chair was not built according to approved CAD. And VA had me leave the TR with them, and asked that I hold on to the packing material for now. The rep told me that in his experience, TiLite has always made it right.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

From what you just said, I'd say the meeting went well. Somebody back in Pasco has a lot of explaining to do.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.