Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: TiLite TR3 Fabrication Progress Pics

TiLite TR3 Fabrication Progress Pics

TiLite kindly agreed to take some pics of my chair during fabrication. The pics have increased my level of respect for the process. As more pics are sent to me, I will add them to the library.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

quality welding, looking good the welding on my tr3 is perfect, they are good at it

Very exciting to see it in the making! Thanks for posting.

I'm always curious about manufacturers fabrication "jigs" used to hold tubing in place while welding frames. I've seen other companies, typically cobbled together from whatever. But Ti's is the nicest by far. Certainly must contribute to the quality of welds - the welder has unencumbered access to the entire frame. Note the mounting point on the floor. Most others build on a table - Ti's jig allows the welder to sit under the frame and make pretty.

Nice.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Really interesting to see. Thanks for sharing.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Best thread I've seen in a long while.

Here is the PM I sent Chas when I first saw he filed the pictures:
    You may know these things. If that is titanium, the rusty orange color at the welds is a good thing. Mike next door said Boing would reject welds that were shipped to their factory if the welds had been wire brushed because they would not be able to tell if the welds were done properly. Also that blue hose attached to your chair is to flood the tube with inert gas to keep ... I think oxygen out of there during the welding process. I'm impressed with the jig. Mike also noted that welding tubing causes it to bend, mine did a little when Colin made the revisions. So that jig probably also prevents bending in addition to just holding the parts. Like I said you probably knew this stuff, but thanks for posting the pictures. I learned something.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by ala View Post
    Best thread I've seen in a long while.
    Thank our CCC TiLite employee! She's the one taking the pics
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Blog Entries
    Gotta agree, these pics are fantastic. I love the jig they've designed, just fantastic! Very cool stuff, keep it coming!
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

I add my thanks for the pictures as well. I have an issue with one of my wheels carrying a bit and while I have tried correcting it, with the help of my dad, we have not successfully done so. This has led to questioning the chair being square and while it is always possible it isn't, looking at this jig helps me realize how secure and squared up it is when welded.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982