Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: TiLite TR3 Fabrication Progress Pics

Quote Originally Posted by QTiPi View Post
    So do I take from this that you think that the compromise solution is safe, or that you can make it safe?

FWIW, I truly believe that the ONLY reason my new chair (a Melrose Piranha) works for me so beautifully is that I had the luxury of speaking to the engineer who actually built the thing, both before and during construction. TiLite doesn't seem to permit that, under any circumstances.
    I am still reeling from being forced to accept a chair design I did not approve, so I'm not in an emotional state right now to offer a rational response. I pray I can make it safe with their new longer FWAT. I don't feel safe using it as is. Talking directly with the engineer would have been nice, but I'm not paying the bill, VA is; their guide is medical necessity, so their acceptance of TiLite's refusal removes all the air from my balloon . . .
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Understood. :-(

Crap, they are forcing you to accept a design you did not approve when you signed the cadd. If the shoe was on the other foot, they would say you signed the cadd. Regardless of who is paying out of pocket, you are the ultimate customer, Tilite owes you something for coming up short in this business deal.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Tilite has taken another downturn in customer service with this. They used to be so open and accommodating; top notch. But like the others, the bigger they get, the worse off we are for CS. I've had 5 Tilites since Marty Ball first started up back in the day. Parts could be had with just a call to the factory. Now, we have to go thru a DME who knows dick about a chair and pay extra for the part to boot.

This Tr3 I have now will be my last Tilite unless customer service gets better. I doubt it will so am looking at alternatives for the next chair.

Typical company; all about supporting the vets..unless it means extra work. All talk no do.

I was awake during the night and may have figured out a fix. It will cost some, but my wife is agreeable, so it just may be okay . . . (the chair I mean, not TiLite's behavior)
    Last edited by chasmengr; 11-20-2015 at 03:05 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

I have not read this thread in-depth, but this has my stomach turning. Does TiLite understand who their client base is? We had a similar experience with a DU, and having access to the engineer would have made far more sense, than a disgruntled customer. Most of us realise there are compromises that need to be made, but why not engage with us??? I'm hoping they figure this out soon...

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    I am still reeling from being forced to accept a chair design I did not approve, so I'm not in an emotional state right now to offer a rational response. I pray I can make it safe with their new longer FWAT. I don't feel safe using it as is. Talking directly with the engineer would have been nice, but I'm not paying the bill, VA is; their guide is medical necessity, so their acceptance of TiLite's refusal removes all the air from my balloon . . .
    Last edited by elarson; 12-02-2015 at 05:35 AM.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

JUST GOT ANOTHER CAD (unsolicited) FROM TILITE FOR AN ALTERNATE ANTI-TIPPER CONNECTION DESIGN, which appears to be as robust as their original design (the CAD isn't quite large enough scale to be sure).

DIALOG IS OPEN AGAIN!! Hope resurfaces

Meanwhile I am actively continuing the new TR's preparation for use (e.g., paint-protection tape, strategic placement of industrial Velcro, solid seat-pan fabrication, axle spacers, etc.)
    Last edited by chasmengr; 12-03-2015 at 12:01 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

That is good to hear chasmenger. I am another interested in a new chair and I like my TR but concerned about customer service with TiLite. I just wish/hope the powers that be realize how important these chairs are to us and put that first over greater numbers.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

I hope the dialog continues and you get what you need!!
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

That's great news! Hope the new design works out.