Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: TiLite TR3 Fabrication Progress Pics

I was thinking of getting a new TX2 when they became available to the public through a website. I don't know now, Tilite sounds like it's becoming a nightmare to deal with in terms of customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by StormSong View Post
    I was thinking of getting a new TX2 when they became available to the public through a website. I don't know now, Tilite sounds like it's becoming a nightmare to deal with in terms of customer service.
    Please keep in mind, my TR3 is super custom (really pushing the envelope on TiFit: dual axle and fifth-wheel antitip).

The TiLite rep apologized to me in person the other day saying TiLite should have consulted me during fabrication when the realized they had an issue. Instead they changed the design without telling me. I suspect much hassle would have been avoided had they simply sought my feedback. Hopefully they learned something.

(VA ordered the chair for me, and I suspect VA bureaucracy paid for it already negating all financial leverage, so we are now relying solely on TiLite's goodwill.)

TiLite also has FDA approvals to deal with, which can throw a monkey wrench into any untested design.
    Last edited by chasmengr; 03-25-2016 at 07:17 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    Thanks for the update. . .

BTW, I took a picture of a dance ZRA or AeroZ (not sure) I saw recently here in Holland with a single anti-tip. I kind of think it is the standard one, but let me know if you want me to post a photo of it.
    You're welcome Yes please post a pic of the dance chair.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Finally, received parts from TiLite (four antitip receivers) a few weeks ago. They needed minor shaping to work for my intent, and I got the fifth-wheel antitipper mounted yesterday; now it's adjustable per original design intent/promise.

TiLite eventually delivered (after ten months)!!

My TR3 is now in service It feels absolutely fabulous. I plan to leave the house with it tomorrow
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Wonderful news Chas. I'm really happy or you and that you got the results that you were after. I'll be looking forward to final config photo's. Hope you enjoy your new ride...
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Blog Entries
    Happy for you ! Post some pics w/Dragonfly please!

Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Wow, you probably have the strongest anti tip(s) Tilite has ever delivered to a customer. It's time for you to go dancing.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Looking good. Remind me, is the plan to use a different set of wheels on the aft camber tube when you use the Dragonfly? You sure have a lot of gadgets. What are the red webbed straps for?
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    Wow, finally?
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.