Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is there any good news out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    ASIA A chronics walking, return of bowel and bladder, and growth across the injury site . How can that not be worth it? ChinaSCINet has completed 6 clinical trials for $2 million, it is unprecedented.
    Sorry Jim that's not what I meant. I was asking if he would be further along with trials I[f he would have just stayed in the states and conducted his trials. I am happy about the results.

Quote Originally Posted by #LHB# View Post
    Sorry Jim that's not what I meant. I was asking if he would be further along with trials I[f he would have just stayed in the states and conducted his trials. I am happy about the results.
    In US would've probably take a lot longer because of the higher costs

Ok, got ya.

I'm not sure how much further along we would be. The next step in the US would have been large animal studies, which are very expensive and time consuming. In addition to that, funding would have been a major hurdle. Cost in U.S. is estimated to be 150K per patient compared to under 20K in China, even less in India. I believe the establishment of ChinaSCINet and now IndiaSCINet is critical to discovering the 'cure' as fast as possible. We are about to see a race to the cure. Hopefully the US can keep up.

Thanks for the update Jim. I really needed to hear that today. Thanks for the update!

Pretty sad we rush trials at a cost other places than here!)-

Wow, this thread actually helped... this news sounds really good, so good its hard for me to even imagine it materializing, honestly... Its strange but for me its actually hard to even picture a procedure to help sci happening in america. 16 yrs later you get afraid to even think of things like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric.S View Post
    Wow, this thread actually helped... this news sounds really good, so good its hard for me to even imagine it materializing, honestly... Its strange but for me its actually hard to even picture a procedure to help sci happening in america. 16 yrs later you get afraid to even think of things like that...

I am a few years under 16 years post but I know what you are saying. Any mention of actual return of significant function that is real has come to sound like 'pie in the sky' stuff that is mentioned but always with a hint of doubt about it actually ever happening ...like I used to tell my Friends that a cure is coming and I will be hanging out like old times but I have since stopped talking about it for years because it seemed like it would never really happen. I got tired of talking that way...sucks
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    I am a few years under 16 years post but I know what you are saying. Any mention of actual return of significant function that is real has come to sound like 'pie in the sky' stuff that is mentioned but always with a hint of doubt about it actually ever happening ...like I used to tell my Friends that a cure is coming and I will be hanging out like old times but I have since stopped talking about it for years because it seemed like it would never really happen. I got tired of talking that way...sucks
    yea, what I've noticed is that people around me have stopped mentioning it. I guess I've just become "the guy in the wheelchair" now. I like the other guy personally....

It does sound like things with Epidural Stimulation is really progressing too, I think you're going to be hearing a lot about that in the future. It is just taking a lot of time like everything else that is SCI cure related.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred