Thread: Need help with fixing a Productivity Bottleneck

Need help with fixing a Productivity Bottleneck

Everyone depends on computers to run the world, it is now integrated into everything in western society, imagine what would happen if you could not use them.

There are few tools or adaptive devices that gives people devastated by SCI injuries more function than a computer.

The computer and outgrowths (internet use, Email, Games, Drawings, Books, etc.) are essential to life as a quadriplegic. Life would just be worse without it.

Unfortunately after years, just can't type and can't find the best interface like DNS and a good microphone to get it to work.

My question is: What do you do with the microphone and what is the best one for writing. Am seriously behind on legal & business correspondence and documentation enough to post this request.

Need a good reliable microphone and to emphasis this point am currently in incredible pain and need to roll on my back but can only hunt & peck laying on my left side. Writing this and posting it because it's critical information I've delayed to long in obtaining.

Have tried Blue Parrot Xi, Senhauser (2), Callisto 620 (2) they all start off working great, then they stops. Not willing to spend $500, on it and have it still not work.

What microphone do you use to control your computer, how long and for what?

Thank you for any stories or advice, the more detailed and number of replies will help my decision.

Thanks,

Cris

injured in 82 I had a background in computers and was a beta tester (for a lot of new products) but I remember the two voice recognition software one was IBM's ViaVoice and I don't remember the other, Dragon NaturallySpeaking had been introduced yet.

Didn't start using voice recognition seriously into last few years because it really didn't work for me.

I'm using Dragon 12 and I refuse to update to 12.5 because I have a memory that it messes with my computer.

Have been through At least five high quality microphones In the last five years.

This time I bought a Yeti Blue for 130 bucks and I think of the first time in my life I pay an extra 10 or $15 to get a warranty just so it is not jinxed.

It looks like the microphone from the TV showed WKRP in Cincinnati, the radio broadcast microphone use, It's about 3 inches in diameter and Six to eight inches long And right now it's about 3 feet away from my mouth And doing very well.

Cris

Thanks for the Yeti review. Good to know it works that far away and looks cool too!

I'm using a Buddy 7G gooseneck and USB soundcard on my mac, 2 years old and seems to be working ok. Try going to http://www.knowbrainer.com they seem to know what is good, forum is useful but was down when I just checked.

This dealer also seems to be good http://www.speechrecsolutions.com might be worth a call.

Dragon 13 is latest version and supposed to be much better than 12, both are light years ahead of mac version, it is so bad that I had considered running windows in parallels and PC version.

Why I downgraded Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13 to 12 - LEHSYS

http://www.lehsys.com/2014/08/downgr...lyspeaking-13/

As an user of Dragon NaturallySpeaking for about the last 10 years, and as most Dragon NaturallySpeaking users were, I wanted to upgrade to version 13 as soon as possible. Nuance, historically, has come out with better versions each time Dragon NaturallySpeaking has been released; always adding some additional functionality to the program that made it even more robust than before.

Ten (10) days ago, I downloaded the latest version of Dragon NaturallySpeaking and installed it on my PC. As a bona fide fan and advocate of Dragon NaturallySpeaking I was greatly looking forward to having the latest version installed in trying to take advantage of whatever new functions the application could provide, but what I found was disappointing.

While Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13 has some improvements, the problem is that it also took away features that easily made the favorite of anyone using was recognition software.

In the latest version of Dragon NaturallySpeaking, the application has become much more strict on when and where you can use the was recognition software. Dragon NaturallySpeaking now has the same debilitating behavior as Microsoft voice recognition.