Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Line X coatin

Line X coatin

What happen if our wheelchair coated with Line X?

No more scratch?

No more metal fatigue?

No more Titanium or aluminum?

We can build chair with pvc pipe?

We can build inexpensive chair?
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

Thank you for the video. If this is real, it's incredible. I wonder what the applications could be. I have never heard of this stuff.

Huh. This would certainly solve those pesky dings and scratches caused by loading a wheelchair into your car:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...liner/2588539/

Quote Originally Posted by Katja View Post
    Huh. This would certainly solve those pesky dings and scratches caused by loading a wheelchair into your car:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...liner/2588539/
    Yeah it could have some real advantages, the frame protection could be great. I went to their website though and it seems they are only doing truck bedliners and auto parts. I thought maybe they would offer in a spray can or if the process is pretty complicated, maybe an option to send parts to them for coating. Maybe that will happen. The videos are amazing.

I am sure they will do anything you want (as long as it is not moving). There are also DIY products, Herc-u-liner (or something like that), monostaliner (again, not sure of spelling), and possibly Lizzard skin (I think this one is available in lots of colors). Do a WWW search on DIY spray on bedliners.

P.S. This is OLD news, you need to get out more.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

I don't have to wonder, I have my chair coated. My local guys do it for free every couple of years. Been doing it since 2010. Works great in protecting the frame at the spots that rub asphalt and concrete when I transfer in and out of my truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tman9513 View Post
    I don't have to wonder, I have my chair coated. My local guys do it for free every couple of years. Been doing it since 2010. Works great in protecting the frame at the spots that rub asphalt and concrete when I transfer in and out of my truck.
    Can you show us your chair? Is it something expensive?
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

Line-X isn't inexpensive. I've used it on Jeep parts.

Tman, I think the point here was to think about the potential of using Line-X as adding a layer of strength to otherwise weak materials, as the video demonstrates, which admittedly is a characteristic of the stuff that I wasn't aware of.

Line-X might save a concrete block, but I would question it for plastic. I use to make chairs out of PVC pipe 30 years ago. The repeated flexing as you push is what makes the plastic fail. An in order to make one stiff enough it has to be fairly heavy PVC.

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...r-manual-chair

Look down at post #6, that was an older chair with blue powder coat so the Line-X shows better. I have a black chair now so it's not as noticeable but I will try to take some pictures this evening and post. I also now have the back rigidizer sprayed as well. As far as cost, a truck bed can be sprayed anywhere from $450-$550, depending on where you live, whether it is a full-size truck and if you spray over the rails. I do not know what they would charge for a chair frame. I call ahead and see if they are spraying black that day, sometimes they aren't depending on the job, ask what time is good for them (usually at the tail end of their lunch), and the guys do it at the end of their break in about 30 minutes for free. I usually have the parts disassembled and/or taped to make it easy for them.

I personally would not do something like build a chair out of PVC or wood and then spray it with Line-X to make it strong enough for use. Maybe they can adjust the epoxy content to make the coating harder, but I'll stick with metal.