Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: Dr. Milos Popovic: Pioneering Developments for Paralysis

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiang View Post
    I just have to ask. Gramy, are you a medical doctor or scientist? After reading some of your posts in the forums, I tend to think that you try to write as if you have the heightened knowledge of having an M.D. or scientist. If you are, ok. But if not, readers need to understand that you have no advanced knowledge of these areas than most of us and what you write is opinions.
    Wrong. Grammy has much more advanced knowledge in these areas as compared to most on this board. Most here don't even truly know what a spinal cord consists of or what a spinal cord injury does to the cord. I'd go as far to say she is the most knowledgeable person on this board. Except for Dr. Wise, but some of his 'opinions' are highly questionable even to other scientists in the field.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiang View Post
    I just have to ask. Gramy, are you a medical doctor or scientist? After reading some of your posts in the forums, I tend to think that you try to write as if you have the heightened knowledge of having an M.D. or scientist. If you are, ok. But if not, readers need to understand that you have no advanced knowledge of these areas than most of us and what you write is opinions.
    Sometimes I wonder if you're for real. Shv has a knowledge of SCI regeneration exceeding that of all doctors I meet. Please state where she is wrong if she is.
    Debating on CareCure is like participating in the special-olympics. You may win, but you're still disabled.

  3. #23
    Thank you all for your kind thoughts and words!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiang View Post
    I just have to ask. Gramy, are you a medical doctor or scientist? After reading some of your posts in the forums, I tend to think that you try to write as if you have the heightened knowledge of having an M.D. or scientist. If you are, ok. But if not, readers need to understand that you have no advanced knowledge of these areas than most of us and what you write is opinions.
    @Sebastiang: Actually, I've never professed to know anything more than you or the other active participants at this forum. After this many years lurking several times daily on this forum, I'm sure you know there is nobody posting frequently in Cure named doctor Gramy. My writing skills are simply what they are, but can disappear with the use of your ignore button. Like many others, I frequently post what I consider interesting information for the community to see and learn from in the cure and exercise area from my blog and often participate in discussions like everyone else does and have for many years. (The forum members have accessed my profile and photo's around 22,000 times). However, after reading through your posting history here at CareCure, I see you've never contributed anything of substance and frequently leave these types of pithy comments towards others. But, that is ok. Readers here need to understand that you deliberately leave your member profile looming largely empty for this reason.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 06-30-2015 at 08:51 PM.

  4. #24
    I don't think the question should be perceived as confrontational.

  5. #25
    OK, this is what we should take away from this.
    I and most people on this forum appreciate the updates that are provided on this forum by Grammy and everybody else that contributes. It is great that they have the time to try and keep us informed of the latest work. And it appears that Grammy has much more time than me to look up things on SCI and SCI related matters than me and most others. If anyone has notices she obviously had enough time to research me and my past posts on these forums and taken the time to come up with her own opinions on me and what contributions that I have made here. That is great and I commend her time and devotion because we are all here for the same purpose, to cure ourselves or others that we know afflicted. I have chose to spend my time bettering myself with my own doctorate degree rather than take the time that she has to do research as she has.
    But the simple reason for the question directed at her on whether she was a doctor or scientist and whether she has any advanced knowledge on this subject from being one of those titles because she often often writes as if she/he has it and is able to tell a person that they are wrong or that another person is misled or whatever. People that read these posts need to know that this is a forum of laypersons, except Dr Young and Silver and whoever else can contribute that has these titles, and that their guess/opinion is no better than any other opinion here. So while it is easy for a person such as Grammy to invalidate a point or say that others are wrong, everyone needs to know that no one on these forums except Young/Silver know what is going on.
    Sure we all have our opinions, but no one knows for sure, at this point. And the only person that can really refute an idea/opinion are the doctors and scientists, not a layperson.
    This is a forum of open ideas/opinions. Not a forum to try and prove others wrong or make yourself out to be an authority when you are not.
    Simple as that.
    And Grammy, please keep your responses about me to yourself.
    Void, if a layperson has more knowledge of medicine that all of your doctors, I am sorry.

  6. #26
    Coming from you Sebastiang, there's nothing of value you'll ever give the community to take away with your sour attitude problem.

    After checking, I see your screen name show up on a well known carecure troller profile page so it doesn't take rocket science to see what you have been put up to. What people did take away was your childish behavior and notable history of unnecessary anonymous insults. Nobody here is all that gullible when a small band of trolls decide to cause an issue and work on a character assassination of a member. It is noticed. If I said something to disagree with, either one of you could have simply made note of the item needing to be addressed or officially cited but you did not and instead make false accusations against me with no proof of wrongdoing other than stating my thoughts like others do here.

    Unfortunately here's how it actually works in the real world. Obviously those two good doctors you mention simply don't have much time to come on the internet to post expert opinions about everything that's happening in the SCI world and discussed here in the various threads or answer your questions. This forum is filled with laypersons, therapists, medical personnel, students and all other walks that are posting non-stop (good or bad) in a public arena including international members. There's no feasible way to re-create this large open SCI forum to an image of your own personal tastes and likings. The general public simply wouldn't follow your rules or go dead silent in order to appease you. Carecure is a forum given out for public use and you do not own it or run it. Instead of repeating your displeasure yet again concerning people posting here, maybe it would be best for your group to just hit your ignore button on participants you don't like or avoid reading the cure section altogether until a titled authority arrives to provide you with adequate guidance on what you can think or learn about. Problem solved. Simple as that.

    And Sebastiang, is it about 2 pages too late to say please keep YOUR personal opinions about "Gramy" to yourself? If you want respect, maybe you should have thought about showing some in the first place. As I see it, your ploy to create character assassination on me had nothing to do with you trying to better yourself (at my personal expense) but was obviously being used to draw attention to gloat over yourself. You don't need alphabet soup behind your name to exhibit common courtesy and integrity of which you unfortunately appear to possess none of. So there you have your fancy layman type a writin' saved up special for back bitin' anonymous trollers that can't locate a simple ignore button when refusing to learn anything... Poor fella, you go and have yourself a nice day somewhere else.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 07-03-2015 at 06:49 PM.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlevy View Post
    I don't think the question should be perceived as confrontational.
    Of course you wouldn't and I'll not cite the thread or exact reason for that either. Be wary of those bored individuals wanting the open SCI internet areas to become a field of clueless disinterested mushrooms that await the open heavens dropping a cure into the lap of one or two miracle workers.

    Quote Originally Posted by c473s View Post
    It is sad when this forum gets used to attack opinions rather than engaging in respectful disagreement. I have been in this field 40 years and am not an MD. I may be delusional but believe I have a better understanding of regenerative medicine than most of our 15 employed physicians. I will stack my life experience and the school of hard knocks up against their degrees. I have shared the little bits of clinical trial progress I am allowed under the NDAs but at this point think I am done. The tone and tenor in this group has grown too adversarial.

    If you want to challenge the bona fides of a poster then kindly provide yours.
    I couldn't agree more. Well said.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 07-04-2015 at 12:14 AM.

  8. #28
    It is sad when this forum gets used to attack opinions rather than engaging in respectful disagreement. I have been in this field 40 years and am not an MD. I may be delusional but believe I have a better understanding of regenerative medicine than most of our 15 employed physicians. I will stack my life experience and the school of hard knocks up against their degrees. I have shared the little bits of clinical trial progress I am allowed under the NDAs but at this point think I am done. The tone and tenor in this group has grown too adversarial.

    If you want to challenge the bona fides of a poster then kindly provide yours.
    Last edited by c473s; 06-27-2015 at 10:33 AM.

  9. #29
    JoeMonte, Here is a good site with about 4 years of video presentations by various researchers. A variety of opinions and approaches.

    http://www.spinalcordworkshop.org/

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMonte View Post
    Hello Grammy, You keep sending us all the information you want and decipher it too. I don't care what someones background is, along as I can follow what someone is expressing and understand it. All of us gain a lot of insight and knowledge thru others on this board whether we are Dr. or not. I feel many on Care Cure know more than doctors at times. The Care Cure communities research and comments are outstanding for us to learn. I enjoy and have learned so much about research and Sci thru individuals like you. So all I can say is Thank you and keep posting/commenting.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Tbone57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    156
    Speak for yourself, never mind this "we" and "most people on the forum" stuff. You make a lot of unfounded assumptions in your posts about people on this forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiang View Post
    OK, this is what we should take away from this.
    I and most people on this forum appreciate the updates that are provided on this forum by Grammy and everybody else that contributes. It is great that they have the time to try and keep us informed of the latest work. And it appears that Grammy has much more time than me to look up things on SCI and SCI related matters than me and most others. If anyone has notices she obviously had enough time to research me and my past posts on these forums and taken the time to come up with her own opinions on me and what contributions that I have made here. That is great and I commend her time and devotion because we are all here for the same purpose, to cure ourselves or others that we know afflicted. I have chose to spend my time bettering myself with my own doctorate degree rather than take the time that she has to do research as she has.
    But the simple reason for the question directed at her on whether she was a doctor or scientist and whether she has any advanced knowledge on this subject from being one of those titles because she often often writes as if she/he has it and is able to tell a person that they are wrong or that another person is misled or whatever. People that read these posts need to know that this is a forum of laypersons, except Dr Young and Silver and whoever else can contribute that has these titles, and that their guess/opinion is no better than any other opinion here. So while it is easy for a person such as Grammy to invalidate a point or say that others are wrong, everyone needs to know that no one on these forums except Young/Silver know what is going on.
    Sure we all have our opinions, but no one knows for sure, at this point. And the only person that can really refute an idea/opinion are the doctors and scientists, not a layperson.
    This is a forum of open ideas/opinions. Not a forum to try and prove others wrong or make yourself out to be an authority when you are not.
    Simple as that.
    And Grammy, please keep your responses about me to yourself.
    Void, if a layperson has more knowledge of medicine that all of your doctors, I am sorry.

Similar Threads

  1. New Iphone Developments
    By mike in forum Computers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-05-2008, 09:42 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-13-2005, 12:52 PM
  3. Interesting developments
    By SoulMate in forum Caregiving
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 04-25-2005, 10:24 PM
  4. Pioneering op pays off
    By Max in forum Cure
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-15-2003, 07:56 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-14-2002, 05:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •