Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Milos Popovic: Pioneering Developments for Paralysis

Quote Originally Posted by tomsonite View Post
    All that I saw was about arm or hand function. Function is function, though. The video showed that standard PT/OT plus FES provides superior results to standard PT/OT alone. Granted it was a sales pitch for a device, but that finding has been replicated by multiple researchers in multiple labs for years.
    Right. I'm glad you made it clear that this is not nerve regeneration and isn't considered a "cure"... I don't think anyone in the video was trying to allude such in the demonstration. Hopefully it's clear to others what is explained in the presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Cell injections + FES may return a great deal of function.
    The more I learn about FES, the more I realize it would take some pretty specific parameters of stimulation to properly excite the CNS to return function if used in combination with regenerative medicine. I'm very curious to find out more about what this MyndMove stimulator is capable of.

I just have to ask. Gramy, are you a medical doctor or scientist? After reading some of your posts in the forums, I tend to think that you try to write as if you have the heightened knowledge of having an M.D. or scientist. If you are, ok. But if not, readers need to understand that you have no advanced knowledge of these areas than most of us and what you write is opinions.

The more I learn about FES, the more I realize it would take some pretty specific parameters of stimulation to properly excite the CNS to return function if used in combination with regenerative medicine. I'm very curious to find out more about what this MyndMove stimulator is capable of.
    I'll try to locate some more information on it. If I can find anything else or some papers, I'll message you.

I usually look at the profiles. Grammy's is pretty transparent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiang View Post
    I just have to ask. Gramy, are you a medical doctor or scientist? After reading some of your posts in the forums, I tend to think that you try to write as if you have the heightened knowledge of having an M.D. or scientist. If you are, ok. But if not, readers need to understand that you have no advanced knowledge of these areas than most of us and what you write is opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiang View Post
    Does it matter if she is or not? Information is information. Doctors and scientists have opinions that are not absolute facts just like the rest of us...an opinion doesn't turn into a fact just because of the letters after your name.

Quote Originally Posted by c473s View Post
    I usually look at the profiles. Grammy's is pretty transparent.
    That's a good idea but he doesn't know how to access a member's profile and has copied down the screen name incorrectly. Here is the forum link.

Hello Grammy, You keep sending us all the information you want and decipher it too. I don't care what someones background is, along as I can follow what someone is expressing and understand it. All of us gain a lot of insight and knowledge thru others on this board whether we are Dr. or not. I feel many on Care Cure know more than doctors at times. The Care Cure communities research and comments are outstanding for us to learn. I enjoy and have learned so much about research and Sci thru individuals like you. So all I can say is Thank you and keep posting/commenting.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMonte View Post
    Hello Grammy, You keep sending us all the information you want and decipher it too. I don't care what someones background is, along as I can follow what someone is expressing and understand it. All of us gain a lot of insight and knowledge thru others on this board whether we are Dr. or not. I feel many on Care Cure know more than doctors at times. The Care Cure communities research and comments are outstanding for us to learn. I enjoy and have learned so much about research and Sci thru individuals like you. So all I can say is Thank you and keep posting/commenting.
    I agree 100%.

Keep that good info coming, Grammy.
    "I'm manic as hell-
    But I'm goin' strong-
    Left my meds on the sink again-
    My head will be racing by lunchtime"

<----Scott Weiland---->

Does it matter if she is or not? Information is information. Doctors and scientists have opinions that are not absolute facts just like the rest of us...an opinion doesn't turn into a fact just because of the letters after your name.
    I think you are spot on. There are many doctors researching that were in diapers when I began my interest in regenerative efforts. Their knowledge base is shallower than many here. There are many who are spectacularly brilliant also. They all fail walking on water just as we do.