Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Torrents

Torrents

Do you folks torrent in the US without being tracked?

how would you use torrents in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by drnader View Post
    Do you folks torrent in the US without being tracked?
    You can't. If you are looking for movies I would recommend subscribing to a usenet service that carries the binaries and has VPN and IP hiding. Uh, not that I would EVER download anything illegal, I just hear things. These do cost money and you need a reasonable connection but it's not your grandparents usenet, you can autodownload and assemble full length HD movies with one click and not have your IP address show up on 100s of machines like it does on bittorrent.

how would you use torrents in the US?
    Just download torrent software, open up a port on your firewall and download away. google is your friend.

use a VPN - I download a lot of movies and tv shows and I know I won't get caught because it changes my ip address - message me if you are interested in the best vpn, i tried 5 before I found the best and fastest one but its 100 bucks a year, well worth it if you can get free movies and tv shows if you ask me
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Why not just online stream?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

online streams are illegal, same goes for popcorn time

One thing that I do subscribe to is Private Internet access Along with a USENET service. When logging in to private Internet VPN it changes your IP so you're not tracked with bit torrent. The application starts that when you start your computer. Popcorn time works great as long as you log in through your VPN first
    C4 incomplete since 1985

Quote Originally Posted by crppled007 View Post
    One thing that I do subscribe to is Private Internet access Along with a USENET service. When logging in to private Internet VPN it changes your IP so you're not tracked with bit torrent. The application starts that when you start your computer. Popcorn time works great as long as you log in through your VPN first
    I've had private internet acces [PIA] its garbage, download speeds are slow

How about XBMC?
    ^^(A)^^

i've been torrenting for over 10 years over my cable connection (comcast @ 75Mb)...never used a vpn or payed a service/newsgroup a penny. the trick to not getting caught is to stick to private torrent sites/trackers. if u use public ones then youll start getting dmca letters from your isp once in a while. the bummer is that you need an invite from a member to join.
    C6/7 Complete

14 years post injury

Quote Originally Posted by Boompow View Post
    i've been torrenting for over 10 years over my cable connection (comcast @ 75Mb)...never used a vpn or payed a service/newsgroup a penny. the trick to not getting caught is to stick to private torrent sites/trackers. if u use public ones then youll start getting dmca letters from your isp once in a while. the bummer is that you need an invite from a member to join.
    good for you, but comcast sees everything you download, i haven't received a letter in 3 years since on vpn.
    I can always switch ip addresses and locations.