Thread: Whats the difference between a sling or flat bottom Stimulite Classic XS Cushion?

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA

Whats the difference between a sling or flat bottom Stimulite Classic XS Cushion?

I would like to purchase one of these for my 88 year old mother. She is starting to get sores because she must sit almost all day long but she changes to different chairs or places thru the day. Sits for a few hours on the dining room chair, a couple hours in the kitchen and finally on the recliner in the living room.

My sister tells me she has started using some type of cushion or a pillow from the living room which is obviously not either working or possibly making things worse.

Would the sling or flat bottom one work better on these different types of chairs?
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Sling has an extra little piece on the bottom to compensate for the curve of the fabric wheelchair seat. Flat bottom is flat for carbon fiber type wheelchair seats.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Do you think a flat bottom one could be used on a recliner?
    Thanks
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by forestranger52 View Post
    Do you think a flat bottom one could be used on a recliner?
    Thanks
    Wouldn't the recliner be soft enough already? I would think the stiffness of the Stimulite would make the recliner uncomfortable. However the kitchen and dining room chairs seem like excellent candidates for this type cushion since they would be naturally hard or very firm unlike a living room recliner.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Blog Entries
    I use a Roho low profile on my van seat, and think it could go on any chair effectively.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

I gave my grandmother-in-law an extra classic xs, and she likes using it on her recliner. Old people often have old furniture that doesn't have great support after years of use.