Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sponsor caregiver from overseas possible?

Blog Entries

Sponsor caregiver from overseas possible?

Is it reasonably possible for me to import a couple to care for me in favorable deal from philippines???

Unlikely. Usually "sponsoring" an employee(s) is limited to professionals or jobs for which there is a shortage in the USA. That would not be true for PCAs.

(KLD)

Blog Entries

No shortage of PCAs?

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Unlikely. Usually "sponsoring" an employee(s) is limited to professionals or jobs for which there is a shortage in the USA. That would not be true for PCAs.

(KLD)
    Seriously?
    Maybe I should have prefaced it as ?qualified? PCAs?
    You don?t agree?
    Maybe just get visit visa?

Blog Entries
    I see the I-140 form is the ground zero to start the process. An EB-1, 2, 3, or 4 could be issued. There are currently not that many PCAs qualified for hi quads in the US I believe.

You would need to provide statistical proof that there is a shortage of PCAs in your area to Immigration. Good luck with that.

If someone comes into the USA with a tourist or student visa, and then takes a job, they are in violation of their visa provisions, and subject to deportation. Guessing you don't want to be surprised with the INS raiding your house and hauling away your PCAs one morning...

(KLD)

Blog Entries

KLD , who doesn't want to be surprised now?

You would need to provide statistical proof that there is a shortage of PCAs in your area to Immigration. Good luck with that.

If someone comes into the USA with a tourist or student visa, and then takes a job, they are in violation of their visa provisions, and subject to deportation. Guessing you don't want to be surprised with the INS raiding your house and hauling away your PCAs one morning...

(KLD)
    KLD,
    Visa violations? Seriously, if ICE wanted to arrest visa violators then a good % of Queens, Brooklyn, and The Bronx would be cleared out. I probably know violators here in US longer than you've been alive.

You asked. I gave an answer that I know from experience. Next time, don't bother to ask if you already have all the answers.

(KLD)

Blog Entries

KLD, i most appreciate your answer.

You asked. I gave an answer that I know from experience. Next time, don't bother to ask if you already have all the answers.

(KLD)
    I apologize if my off putting comment triggered a negative memory, but that's just the personal experience which I was hoping to hear about .

Blog Entries

Perfect EB-3, it'll be under that pretense of course, but

Here in NY they can at least live in plain sight, what with the poor cops being afraid of offending people because of that mayor DeBlasio, with ISIS and Al Queda bandying about, a c.g. with an expired visa that is doing work Americans dont want must be a non issue unless they commit a crime.