Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Care.com legit, or worse than Craigs??

Is Care.com legit, or worse than Craigs??

Anybody have nice things to say about Care.com??
    Are the ads real or BS bullshit made up people that don't exist?
    Is it full of rats and thiefs or scholars and heros?

I've used it, but I didn't do the contacting. I put my ad on there and waited for someone to reply. They give a a little info in their profiles, like how often they respond to messages and they have confirmed an email address. So I would look at that. Give it a shot and just meet people in a public place. You could always ask them more questions online once you make contact. Hope that helps some.

I have used them with great success. I have started interviews with a message and then a phone call. I felt comfortable following up with an in home interview with me and my wife. One of my current PCAs was hired using them. I think the response number depends on where you are located. Small communities/cities will yield fewer contacts. I ask all my interviewees how they found out about care.com. They were referred by friends who used it, and by recommendations from the university student services offices in the area, etc. This is not like craigslist. It is a good professional service base on my experience over the past 3 years.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Nooooo SCI v. Carelinx.com Care.com

Quote Originally Posted by wheelman21 View Post
    I've used it, but I didn't do the contacting. I put my ad on there and waited for someone to reply. They give a a little info in their profiles, like how often they respond to messages and they have confirmed an email address. So I would look at that. Give it a shot and just meet people in a public place. You could always ask them more questions online once you make contact. Hope that helps some.
    Hello guys FYI,
    Are not most SCI with neurogenic bowels???
    Well, according to Carelinx.com performing bowel programs are a medical procedure for which they are not insured for. Sorry, i cannot help you.
    Wiping asses and noses Ok, but don't stick your finger in!!
    Back to Craplist.com
    Last edited by Tim C.; 06-12-2015 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Typo

I've found several great caregivers on care.com...... i've used it for the past 5-6 years

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    Hello guys FYI,
    Are not most SCI with neurogenic bowels???
    Well, according to Carelinx.com performing bowel programs are a medical procedure for which they are not insured for. Sorry, i cannot help you.
    Wiping asses and noses Ok, but don't stick your finger in!!
    Back to Craplist.com
    In most places if you employ PCAs directly they are able to bowel programs. They are not bound by agency policies. Around here most SCIs train their own or have a family member or someone else experienced train them. I have 3 part timers so when one leaves, the other two train the new hire if s/he is not experienced.

That's probably if you go through them. They have their own payment system on their website. I have a pca agency I go through, I'm just responsible for finding my own PCAs. So I found someone on Care and then she went and got her background check and paper work done at the agency I'm with.

Why would agencies not garner the insurance and rather exclude bowel program cases? How many sci plus does that exclude, maybe a million or so?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    Why would agencies not garner the insurance and rather exclude bowel program cases? How many sci plus does that exclude, maybe a million or so?
    It is a complicated issue that has roots outside the agencies. The rules are spelled out in state legislation under the titles of nurse practice and medical practice acts. They spell out which health careworkers are qualified to do what. It is a turf protection thing. Most spell out that homecare agencies follow rules much like workers in hospitals and nursing homes. Thus, if the worker is paid by the agency and in turn you pay the agency for your services they must follow the rules. However, people you hire and pay directly are not considered institutional employees and are exempted from the legislated rules. They are exempted largely because of Medicare policies regarding homecare. They will only pay for short periods of homecare. When a longterm need exists they will only pay until you or a caretaker can be trained to render the care. This is the essence of the problems we face. There are other complexities that vary by states.

Yeah, i get the direct employer bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    It is a complicated issue that has roots outside the agencies. The rules are spelled out in state legislation under the titles of nurse practice and medical practice acts. They spell out which health careworkers are qualified to do what. It is a turf protection thing. Most spell out that homecare agencies follow rules much like workers in hospitals and nursing homes. Thus, if the worker is paid by the agency and in turn you pay the agency for your services they must follow the rules. However, people you hire and pay directly are not considered institutional employees and are exempted from the legislated rules. They are exempted largely because of Medicare policies regarding homecare. They will only pay for short periods of homecare. When a longterm need exists they will only pay until you or a caretaker can be trained to render the care. This is the essence of the problems we face. There are other complexities that vary by states.
    When we use care.com or carelinx etc, we pay just a fee, they do NOT REMAIN EMPLOYERS. We take over, caregivers are EMPLOYEES AT WILL , they do as we will them to, if not, then they don't and the arrangement ceases to exist. There is no on-.going liability with these websites. It's that simple, since many CG are illegally here, they want to fly under the radar, and as such, they should be flexible enough to do what patient needs, not what some nit wit lawmaker says they can do. It would be a win win for all. Government should stay the ef out. No???