Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Frog Sheilds for Frog Leg casters

New Frog Sheilds for Frog Leg casters

I love it, finally. I hope they work to keep hair, etc. out.

http://www.froglegsinc.com/collectio...ts/frog-shield

Name:  frogsheild.jpg
Views: 1042
Size:  132.0 KB
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Sweet!! I almost impulsively bought a set, but I'm getting a new TiLite chair soon with Performance casters, I'll wait to compare them with my FL casters to see if they'll work (or I may have to buy another set of FL casters).
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

rookie question...what are FL casters

Have to get us some of those. I see that they "will also retro-fit to Frog Legs existing wheels made in prior years".

I still like Pattherat's "monkey" solution, but this looks way easier (see Hair (etc.) in casters #32).
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Quote Originally Posted by noworries View Post
    rookie question...what are FL casters
    FL =, FrogLegs.

and just for fun, FLAHSR (which may see among posts - welcome BTW) = Frog Legs Aluminum Hub Soft Roll
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

I did order set today, so I will see....

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    I did order set today, so I will see....
    Let us know . . .
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    Let us know . . .
    I will.

I got the Frog Shields today, they are more elaborate than I was expecting. As you can see, they are a cup that should set over the hub. They look like they should do a good job keeping stuff out of the bearings. BTW, you can get them in silver (unpainted) as well; I wish I would have now that I see them better.

Name:  2015-06-16.jpg
Views: 883
Size:  228.7 KB

On what casters are you planning to use using them? Do you think they'll work on TiLite's performance casters (with R6 bearings)?
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>