Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power assist wheels needed / emotion or magic wheels

Power assist wheels needed / emotion or magic wheels

I ran my emotion m12s down to almost death. The only way they lasted this long is because I have three batteries, three chargers and four wheels. They have definitely been pushed to the limit. Anyways, wife and I are trying ivf this year so I was trying to hold out until 2016 to get a new set of wheels, so here I am looking for a used set.

first off, has anyone ever used Magic wheels? Going without a battery seems pretty awesome. If so, please let me know about them. If you have a set for sale, please contact me as soon as you can.

If you have a great 15's for sale, please contact me too. I just definitely need something to help me out.

thanks!

Sent you a PM
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

I have been using 559 MagicWheels as my everyday wheels for several years now, and have posted extensively about them in the Equipment forum. I love them.

In a nut shell, they are not power assist, they are mechanical assist with two gears. You need good shoulders to use them, and you must want the exercise. They allow me to go up steep inclines and over rough urban terrain (e.g., broken paving) - slowly. And they require periodic internal maintenance without the benefit of a service manual. They're really neat inside, but you need to be willing to dive in (and have back-up wheels for visiting the hardware store).

Search for my posts in Equipment to read more.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

I'll sell you my Magic Wheels. I'm buying a truck and don't need them anymore. You'll need to replace the push rims because one of them broke off the spines in 2 spots, but the wheels themselves are fine. They are 24 inch rims.

Thanks for the info and the offers too! I think I'm going to stick with the emotions. The Magic wheels might be too difficult for me to tackle on a daily. Anyone ever deal with Abletrader from NC? He has a few M15s and I'm looking to buy from him.

I've had a few transactions with Lindsey from Abletrader . He's a great guy a wheeler to and is straight forward about his equipment ... He actually helped me with a set of M-15's too ...

I have a new set of E-motion 15s 24" rims...make me an offer.
    text me at 515-371-0342

Thanks.

Are these still available? what are you asking for them?

Quote Originally Posted by t118 View Post
    I have a new set of E-motion 15s 24" rims...make me an offer.
    text me at 515-371-0342

Thanks.

I'm selling some, chair included,, never used the chair or the wheels except to try it. You could get a whole new rig for the price of the emotions!
    An administrator made me remove my signature.